Ladder only stuff in SP

So, I found a Shadow Killer. This is probably the "best" unique I've
found to date - not best as in "I needed/wanted it" - don't have any
functional assy's yet - but if I'm not mistaken it's not exactly
low-level junk, is it?

Then noticed it was "Ladder only".

Hadn't realized ladder items can drop in SP, before. So, does other
ladder-only stuff work in SP? I know the new runewords don't, obviously.
What about cube recipes like upgrading to elite etc? I think I've tried
to do that once and it didn't work.

rgds,
netcat

In article <420097CF.5168145C@devnull.eridani.eol.ee>,
netcat <netcat@devnull.eridani.eol.ee> wrote:

>So, I found a Shadow Killer. This is probably the "best" unique I've
>found to date - not best as in "I needed/wanted it" - don't have any
>functional assy's yet - but if I'm not mistaken it's not exactly
>low-level junk, is it?

Well, it looks nice on paper, but the general consensus I gathered is that
it's not that hot. Still, it's nice to see something golden from an elite
weapon class dropping. ;)

>Then noticed it was "Ladder only".
>
>Hadn't realized ladder items can drop in SP, before. So, does other
>ladder-only stuff work in SP? I know the new runewords don't, obviously.
>What about cube recipes like upgrading to elite etc? I think I've tried
>to do that once and it didn't work.

The Ladder-Only Runewords don't work, though I thought I read a patch is
floating around which adds them to the Single Player game.

All Cube recipes work in SP, including upgrading to Elite and the
cubing-up of high-runes.

Regards,

Patrick.

"netcat" <netcat@devnull.eridani.eol.ee> wrote in message

> Hadn't realized ladder items can drop in SP, before.

Yep. All of them can except Annihilus.

> So, does other ladder-only stuff work in SP?

Yep, except for the new runewords(the 23 from this last update, AND the 4
that were added at the end of the last ladder season) and Uber
Diablo/Annihlus, everything on ladder can be done in single player.

> I think I've tried to do that once and it didn't work.

It works fine...you may have tried with the wrong recipe.

"netcat" <netcat@devnull.eridani.eol.ee> skrev i en meddelelse

> So, I found a Shadow Killer. This is probably the "best" unique I've
> found to date - not best as in "I needed/wanted it" - don't have any
> functional assy's yet - but if I'm not mistaken it's not exactly
> low-level junk, is it?
>
> Then noticed it was "Ladder only".
>
> Hadn't realized ladder items can drop in SP, before. So, does other
> ladder-only stuff work in SP? I know the new runewords don't, obviously.
> What about cube recipes like upgrading to elite etc? I think I've tried
> to do that once and it didn't work.
>
> rgds,
> netcat

All cube recipes work in SP. So go on make Your own Zod rune now ;o)

Cheers

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> In article <42023D74.DC2A8958@devnull.eridani.eol.ee>,
> netcat <netcat@devnull.eridani.eol.ee> wrote:
>
> >Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
>
> >> Well, it looks nice on paper, but the general consensus I gathered
is that
> >> it's not that hot. Still, it's nice to see something golden from
an elite
> >> weapon class dropping. ;)
> >
> ><mope>
> >
> >Well, what is the most uber assy claw then?
>
> Depends on the type of assassin you want to make.
>
> Trapper: A magic (blue) +3 traps claw with a nice second mod (IAS
f.i.)
> and +skills to a few of the trap skills.
>
> Martial Arts: Upgraded Bartucs? Nice 3 socket claw with +skills, and
> nice runeword in.

Or Nat's set with an upgraded Bartuc's

Mickey

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

> In article <420097CF.5168145C@devnull.eridani.eol.ee>,
> netcat <netcat@devnull.eridani.eol.ee> wrote:
> >
> >So, I found a Shadow Killer. This is probably the "best" unique I've
> >found to date - not best as in "I needed/wanted it" - don't have any
> >functional assy's yet - but if I'm not mistaken it's not exactly
> >low-level junk, is it?
>
> Well, it looks nice on paper, but the general consensus I gathered is that
> it's not that hot. Still, it's nice to see something golden from an elite
> weapon class dropping. ;)

<mope>

Well, what is the most uber assy claw then?

rgds,
netcat

In article <42023D74.DC2A8958@devnull.eridani.eol.ee>,
netcat <netcat@devnull.eridani.eol.ee> wrote:

>Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

>> Well, it looks nice on paper, but the general consensus I gathered is that
>> it's not that hot. Still, it's nice to see something golden from an elite
>> weapon class dropping. ;)
>
><mope>
>
>Well, what is the most uber assy claw then?

Depends on the type of assassin you want to make.

Trapper: A magic (blue) +3 traps claw with a nice second mod (IAS f.i.)
and +skills to a few of the trap skills.

Martial Arts: Upgraded Bartucs? Nice 3 socket claw with +skills, and a
nice runeword in.

> Well, what is the most uber assy claw then?

Depends.

For meleer, Chaos runeword, upped Bartucs, or Nat's claw combined with the
rest of the set.
For claw using kicker/blade fury assassin, Fury or Chaos runewords, with a
pair of +3 shadow discipline claws on switch, ideally with +3 venom, +3
shadow master, and/or +3 Fade.
For trapper, magic claws with +3 traps, IAS, and some nice +skills like
light sentry, death sentry, shadow master, or whatever.

For 2 claw assassins, Jade Talon is a good secondary claw.

Shiflet wrote:

> It works fine...you may have tried with the wrong recipe.

Quite possible. I nearly always play late at night, when I'm almost half
asleep.
Will try again.

rgds,
netcat

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

> In article <42023D74.DC2A8958@devnull.eridani.eol.ee>,
> netcat <netcat@devnull.eridani.eol.ee> wrote:
>
> >Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
>
> >> Well, it looks nice on paper, but the general consensus I gathered is that
> >> it's not that hot. Still, it's nice to see something golden from an elite
> >> weapon class dropping. ;)
> >
> ><mope>
> >
> >Well, what is the most uber assy claw then?
>
> Depends on the type of assassin you want to make.
>
> Trapper: A magic (blue) +3 traps claw with a nice second mod (IAS f.i.)
> and +skills to a few of the trap skills.
>
> Martial Arts: Upgraded Bartucs? Nice 3 socket claw with +skills, and a
> nice runeword in.

OTOH, a Shadow Killer at hand is way better than a Bartucs that hasn't
dropped yet.
So in the event that one won't drop before I get around to making an
assassin, what type could use it best? I don't think I want do do a
trapper, sounds kind of boring.

rgds,
netcat