Sign in with
Your question

I can't believe UbiSoft treats PC gamers like this!!!

Last response: in Video Games
August 24, 2007 10:10:05 AM

Ok, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfitgher 1 online multiplayer was great as the maps were huge with good lighting FX. GRAW 2 comes out and I start playing it and to my suprise it contains the XBOX 360 version of GRAW 1 maps, how dare they!! These GRAW 2 maps are tiny, they simply ported these right over from the XBOX 360 and called it GRAW 2 for PC.

A lot of my buddys are going back to GRAW 1 because they don't like these small A$$ maps. One big step back for UbiSoft, they actually think they can pull the curtain over our heads. I am so pissed off that I had to stop playing GRAW 2 for PC just to come here and share this with you guys, I feel like someone just stole my wallet and now there :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  there head off!!! I know I should calm down, but this is just a big let down UbiSoft.

"UbiSoft this is an all time low even for you." You should be ashamed of your self for abusing us PC gamers who spent $3000+ dollars for a true gaming rig and if this is how your going to treat us PC fokes than piss off we don't need you!!!! I won't even bring up the people that have been begging for UbiSoft to fix the broken SilentHunter 4 PC sim. Thats another example of UbiSoft's new stragety "release now patch and fix it later or not at all.

More about : ubisoft treats gamers

August 24, 2007 4:42:42 PM

Geez... quit your bitching... GRAW 2 is an awesome game. If you are an idiot enough to throw $3000 in a gaming rig, then go out and pay $500 for a XBOX 360 and the games to go with it, then it's your fault (or your parents, depends on how you look at it). GRAW2 is a beautiful game and the multiplayer maps are a little lacking, but they are nice.
You DO realize that unlike the 360, there will be new maps coming out like every few weeks or so from the MOD community and the best of these will be added to servers in no time. Since I don't own a 360, then all these maps are new to me and I'm enjoying the hell out of them. Sorry you wasted your money on that $3000 rig because my $1200 rig is tunning the game at 50+fps with no problems what so ever.
I mean, if you want to get into a real debate, here's one: why the hell are you even going to compare the gameplay and quality of GRAW1 on 360 to that of GRAW2 on the PC anyway? Better graphics, WAY smoother gameplay. More effects and a better interface. What's not to hate about the 360 besides the 500+ crap titles? Hmm... not much!
August 24, 2007 4:49:28 PM

You know.. thinking about this I've come to the conclusion that you are onto a little something of the truth here. Ubisoft is kinda jipping us PC gamers, though. Look at R6: Vegas... straight to PC port from the 360. While I really loved that game and the engine underneath, I have to say that it would have been SOOOO much better had they actually coded it for the PC rather than ported it over. Kinda makes me think that PC games are really dying off because no one strictly codes for the PC anymore. Every game has to be multi-platform in order for the sales numbers to be there. It's a ripoff IMO.

Oh, and to the OP... if you have to tear yourself away from GRAW2 just to share a 2 paragraph nugget of wisdom, there must be SOMETHING good about the game. DUH!
Related resources
August 24, 2007 8:47:41 PM

It is very true, the best example of this is in splinter cell. When EA started to buy out ubisoft chaos theory was released, a superb game, with buggy netcode and flaws galore some of these were fixed with patches, a whopping 3 of them. and the last one only added 2 multiplayer maps, both where UNFINISHED and were fixed by other SC players later using unrealed. when splinter cell double agent came out EA owned almost 1/4 of ubisoft and it was a direct port of the 360 version. and it got 1 patch the same day it was released wich means it wasn't finished and the developers knew it wasn't... no one plays it now, its a ghost town.

the biggest slap in the face is the fact that splintercell 2,3 and 4 are essentially the same game litterally. almost ALL the same files and code from SC2 are in sc3 and 4. wow.
August 24, 2007 10:51:03 PM

I prefer to have the best of both worlds by owning a gaming PC and an Xbox360 Elite.
August 25, 2007 5:53:56 AM

DJ_Jumbles said:
Geez... quit your bitching... GRAW 2 is an awesome game. If you are an idiot enough to throw $3000 in a gaming rig, then go out and pay $500 for a XBOX 360 and the games to go with it, then it's your fault (or your parents, depends on how you look at it). GRAW2 is a beautiful game and the multiplayer maps are a little lacking, but they are nice.
You DO realize that unlike the 360, there will be new maps coming out like every few weeks or so from the MOD community and the best of these will be added to servers in no time. Since I don't own a 360, then all these maps are new to me and I'm enjoying the hell out of them. Sorry you wasted your money on that $3000 rig because my $1200 rig is tunning the game at 50+fps with no problems what so ever.
I mean, if you want to get into a real debate, here's one: why the hell are you even going to compare the gameplay and quality of GRAW1 on 360 to that of GRAW2 on the PC anyway? Better graphics, WAY smoother gameplay. More effects and a better interface. What's not to hate about the 360 besides the 500+ crap titles? Hmm... not much!

I don't have a 360 my son does and I've watched him play it, and I'm 35 not 16. When you make $12,000 dollars a month 3k really isn't that much. GRAW 2 is great but the maps are not just lacking, there coming from a game thats a year 1/2 old and this is to be called a new game? It says right here on the box, "PC Exclusive" I don't think so. This is called false advertising, and is a sick joke!

Also I am comparing PC of GRAW 1 to PC of GRAW 2. One other thing I must say, you really should watch your mouth and how you talk to people as you were rude in your post. This is a place not for fighting but a place to comunicate peacefully, theres no need for name calling.
August 25, 2007 8:25:00 AM

DJ_Jumbles said:
Sorry you wasted your money on that $3000 rig because my $1200 rig is tunning the game at 50+fps with no problems what so ever.

I never said that I was having problems with FPS, where did that come from? And I'll continue to spend/waist money where ever I please, come down off you highchair now.
!