corrupt user profile

My 2 year old turned the power off while I was working on
the computer (sigh). Now when I try to reboot and log
back on with my user profile i get the following error
message and XP sets me up with a "temporary" profile. Now
I cannot access my email account (Outlook)or my favorites
file etc... Anyone know how I can straighten this out?

****
Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible
causes of this error include insufficient security rights
or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists,
contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation.
****
1 answer Last reply
More about corrupt user profile

    How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile

    "Marcwan" wrote:

    > My 2 year old turned the power off while I was working on
    > the computer (sigh). Now when I try to reboot and log
    > back on with my user profile i get the following error
    > message and XP sets me up with a "temporary" profile. Now
    > I cannot access my email account (Outlook)or my favorites
    > file etc... Anyone know how I can straighten this out?
    >

    > ****
    > Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible
    > causes of this error include insufficient security rights
    > or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists,
    > contact your network administrator.
    >

    > DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation.
    > ****

Windows XP