Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

XP can keep a local synchronised copy of a network folder when it's offline
(offline files)

XP can keep local synchronised copies of webpages when offline (temp
internet files)

Can XP keep a synchronised copy of an ftp folder when offline? - seems a
very small step but i cant see it

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

No, I don't believe so - nothing native that I know of.

JethroUK© wrote:
> XP can keep a local synchronised copy of a network folder when it's
> offline (offline files)
>
> XP can keep local synchronised copies of webpages when offline (temp
> internet files)
>
> Can XP keep a synchronised copy of an ftp folder when offline? -
> seems a very small step but i cant see it

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> XP can keep a local synchronised copy of a network folder when it's
offline
> (offline files)
>
> XP can keep local synchronised copies of webpages when offline (temp
> internet files)
>
> Can XP keep a synchronised copy of an ftp folder when offline? - seems a
> very small step but i cant see it

To be available offline, the server has to be configured to enable offline
files and the ftp folder has to be shared.
After that you should be able to have the folder available offline on your
client. (With XP fast user switching has to be turned off then).