Family Share Plan Question

Does anyone have the family share plan? I was wondering what the difference
was between the two plan categories offered:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=familyShare&action=viewFSPlanDetail&catId=323

On the website it shows some confusing information. For $39.99 a month plus
$20 for the second line you get Free IN-Network calling, does that mean that
the second line does not get to use the 400 minutes? Do I need to spend the
extra money and get the $49.99 plan to do that?

Thanks ahead of time

Jason

Jason Gallas wrote:
> Does anyone have the family share plan? I was wondering what the difference
> was between the two plan categories offered:
>
> http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=familyShare&action=viewFSPlanDetail&catId=323
>
> On the website it shows some confusing information. For $39.99 a month plus
> $20 for the second line you get Free IN-Network calling, does that mean that
> the second line does not get to use the 400 minutes? Do I need to spend the
> extra money and get the $49.99 plan to do that?
>
> Thanks ahead of time
>
> Jason

For $40 a month you share your 400 minutes and the primary phone gets
free IN-Network calling. The secondary phone(s) get free calling only to
the other phones in your family share plan unless you pay an extra $10
per account (not phone) and then all the secondary phones also get free
IN-Network calling to anyone else on VZW.

Steve

"Steve Johnson" <sjohnson29@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: Jason Gallas wrote:
: > Does anyone have the family share plan? I was wondering what the
difference
: > was between the two plan categories offered:
: >
: >
:
: For $40 a month you share your 400 minutes and the primary phone gets
: free IN-Network calling. The secondary phone(s) get free calling only to
: the other phones in your family share plan unless you pay an extra $10
: per account (not phone) and then all the secondary phones also get free
: IN-Network calling to anyone else on VZW.
:
: Steve

So basically if my girlfriend calls me (primary) it counts against the 400
minutes but if I call her (secondary) it doesen't right?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Assuming you and your gf are both on the same family plan, the 39.95 plan
entitles you to...

1. If your gf is on the primary phone, her call to you is covered by the
unlimited In Network calling for the primary phone. If you call her, since
both phones are on family share plan, it's also free.

2. Now if she calls a friend who has a Verizon mobile phone, being In
Network, her call is free. However if you were to call the same friend she
did, the call would come from your 400 minutes.

Now add the extra $10 to the 39.95 and item #2 for your call would become
free due to the In Network addition to the plan.

"Jason Gallas" <jgallas@nospam.usa.net> wrote in message

> "Steve Johnson" <sjohnson29@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> : Jason Gallas wrote:
> : > Does anyone have the family share plan? I was wondering what the
> difference
> : > was between the two plan categories offered:
> : >
> : >

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=familyShare&action=viewFSPlanDetail&catId=323
> : >
> : > On the website it shows some confusing information. For $39.99 a
month
> plus
> : > $20 for the second line you get Free IN-Network calling, does that
mean
> that
> : > the second line does not get to use the 400 minutes? Do I need to
spend
> the
> : > extra money and get the $49.99 plan to do that?
> : >
> : > Thanks ahead of time
> : >
> : > Jason
> :
> : For $40 a month you share your 400 minutes and the primary phone gets
> : free IN-Network calling. The secondary phone(s) get free calling only to
> : the other phones in your family share plan unless you pay an extra $10
> : per account (not phone) and then all the secondary phones also get free
> : IN-Network calling to anyone else on VZW.
> :
> : Steve
>
> So basically if my girlfriend calls me (primary) it counts against the 400
> minutes but if I call her (secondary) it doesen't right?

"Jason Gallas" <jgallas@nospam.usa.net> wrote:

> So basically if my girlfriend calls me (primary) it counts against the 400
> minutes but if I call her (secondary) it doesen't right?

No.

--
D.J., N8DO; FMCA 147762
dj[underscore]osborn at yahoo dot com

Ahh...got it now. Cool!

: > : Jason Gallas wrote:
: > : > Does anyone have the family share plan? I was wondering what the
: > difference
: > : > was between the two plan categories offered:
: > : >
: > : >
: >
:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=familyShare&action=viewFSPlanDetail&catId=323
: > : >
: > : > On the website it shows some confusing information. For $39.99 a
: month
: > plus
: > : > $20 for the second line you get Free IN-Network calling, does that
: mean
: > that
: > : > the second line does not get to use the 400 minutes? Do I need to
: spend
: > the
: > : > extra money and get the $49.99 plan to do that?
: > : >
: > : > Thanks ahead of time
: > : >
: > : > Jason
: > :

> Does anyone have the family share plan? I was wondering what the
difference
> was between the two plan categories offered:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=familyShare&action=
viewFSPlanDetail&catId=323

> On the website it shows some confusing information. For $39.99 a month
plus
> $20 for the second line you get Free IN-Network calling, does that mean
that
> the second line does not get to use the 400 minutes? Do I need to spend
the
> extra money and get the $49.99 plan to do that?

On the $40 plan, the second line gets to share the 400 peak minutes, but
does not get any in-network minutes (except to other phones in your family
plan, which are unlimited and don't come out of the peak minutes). The $50
plan adds in-network calling, to anyone on Verizon, to every phone on the
family plan.

So a two phone, 400 minute plan, would be $70 per month with in-network
calling on both phones, only $60 with in-network only on the primary phone.

It's not a deal for only two phones, because you can get a single plan promo
for $30 with 400 minutes, including in-network. So you have 400 minutes EACH
rather than sharing 400 minutes, plus it's $10 cheaper.

The extra charge for secondary phones to get in-network calling is fairly
new. I know people with the family plan that do net get charged this extra
fee.

: On the $40 plan, the second line gets to share the 400 peak minutes, but
: does not get any in-network minutes (except to other phones in your family
: plan, which are unlimited and don't come out of the peak minutes). The $50
: plan adds in-network calling, to anyone on Verizon, to every phone on the
: family plan.
:
: So a two phone, 400 minute plan, would be $70 per month with in-network
: calling on both phones, only $60 with in-network only on the primary
phone.
:
: It's not a deal for only two phones, because you can get a single plan
promo
: for $30 with 400 minutes, including in-network. So you have 400 minutes
EACH
: rather than sharing 400 minutes, plus it's $10 cheaper.

Where is this deal? I haven't seen anything on Verizon's website for $30.

The best I can find is "Promotional Local Digital Choice®" in zip 92646
$39.99 for 1000 local minutes.

For 2 lines, it would be $79.98 for 2000 minutes(1000 per line).

If IN-Network is not important, then $60.00 for 2 lines, 400 minutes is
better.

=>
=>:
=>: It's not a deal for only two phones, because you can get a single plan
=>promo
=>: for $30 with 400 minutes, including in-network. So you have 400 minutes
=>EACH
=>: rather than sharing 400 minutes, plus it's $10 cheaper.
=>
=>Where is this deal? I haven't seen anything on Verizon's website for $30.
=>
=>

TRENDING THREADS