Error Message at start

When I start my computer I get the following message:

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program
Files\bridge.dll The specified module could not be found.

What do I need to do to fix?
3 answers Last reply
More about error message start

    Hi

    bridge.dll is part of some spyware - have a look here:

    http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/w/winfavorites_bridge.asp

    Also try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    Also see the following links:

    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    http://www.winxptutor.com/bridgedll.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "Bea" <tgifbea1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    When I start my computer I get the following message:

    Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program
    Files\bridge.dll The specified module could not be found.

    What do I need to do to fix?

    Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\bridge.dll: The specified module could not be
    found.
    Bridge.dll is not a valid Windows file, it's part of LoudMarketing's spyware.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winfavorites.html
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/w/winfavorites_bridge.asp
    http://pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/l/loudmarketing.asp

    PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help:
    http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

    "Bea" <tgifbea1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I start my computer I get the following message:
    >
    > Error loading C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program
    > Files\bridge.dll The specified module could not be found.
    >
    > What do I need to do to fix?

Computers Microsoft Error Message Windows XP