internet connect using wi-fi card

August 18, 2004 8:46:00 AM

Hi all
I have installed a wi-fi card on my laptop. tried to use
at a hot spot and found that a connection is made ok but
when i lauch explorer it only wants to use dial up
connection and dosn't seem to see the wireless
connection. So, how do i tell explorer that there is an
alternative to dial up connection and get it to see the wi-
fi connection?

best regards
ianiie

More about : internet connect card

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 3:10:15 AM

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 04:46:00 -0700, ianiie wrote:

> Hi all
> I have installed a wi-fi card on my laptop. tried to use
> at a hot spot and found that a connection is made ok but
> when i lauch explorer it only wants to use dial up
> connection and dosn't seem to see the wireless
> connection. So, how do i tell explorer that there is an
> alternative to dial up connection and get it to see the wi-
> fi connection?
>
> best regards
> ianiie

Internet Options> Connections> Never dial.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User