my xp computer will not give me the option to log on as a different user in
the logoff tab of start menu it just reboots to same user please help thank
you

butch5656 wrote:
> my xp computer will not give me the option to log on as a different
> user in the logoff tab of start menu it just reboots to same user
> please help thank you

Do you have Fast User Switching enabled? Go to Control Panel/User
Accounts/Change the way users log on and off.

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Click on "Start", select "Run" and type:

control userpasswords2

in the dialogue box. This will bring up a window that
will show you all the users set up on your machine. If
there is only an Administrator account or an Administrator
and your user name then Windows XP does not bother asking
which user. If the "Users must enter a user name and
password" box is unchecked, check it and you will be able
to add users.

Paul