Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Older restore points will be automatically deleted as the linit in the
amount of hard drive space allocated to system restore is reached. You can
change this space yourself. Open System Restore and review the Settings.

"Madcat" <Madcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IS it possible to delete old restore points? Should I even bother?

You can't delete individual restore points. You can purge all restore points
and you can purge all but the most recent restore point. To purge all go to
Control Panel->System Properties->System Restore Tab and check the box to
turn off System Restore, click Apply and OK. You can then uncheck the box if
you want to re-enable System Restore again. Once you do that a new restore
point will be created. To purge all but the most recent Restore Point right
click your C drive icon and select Properties->click Disk Cleanup
button->More Options Tab.

You can also reduce the space that is used for creating Restore Points. That
is done from the System Properties->System Restore Tab->Settings button.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp