Status
Not open for further replies.

hamsystem

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2008
After deliberating over it for the last couple of days, I've finally decided its time to part ways with my Super Nintendo. I've held on to it for 10 or so years because of the amazing amount of great games and great memories I've had with the old girl. I figured I'd make it available here to a good home before I put it up on Ebay. I'll post some pictures of it tonight when I get home. The SNES itself is one of the newer, smaller models that was released back in the late 90's (I think). It comes with 3 controllers, one of which is the original, 2 are third party controllers that look and feel almost identical to the original, a 5 player multi-tap, and brand new av chords and ac adapter.

The games I own include (off the top of my head, might miss 1 or 2):

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Super Mario RPG
Earthbound
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Breath of Fire 1 (2 copies, dunno how that happened)
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Tecmo Secret of the Stars
Illusion of Gaia
Super Mario All-Stars
Donkey Kong Country
Killer Instinct
Captain America And The Avengers

I think that's all of them. Anyways, I'm hoping a vintage game collector might be interested in the package. I was looking at $400 shipped, but will consider selling of the games individually for a fair price. I know this may be a hard sell in this day of easy access emulators, but like I said, I'm hoping that maybe someone on this board might appreciate the collection I've amassed over the years.

I'll post pics for anyone interested. Thanks!

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
I'm surprised it sold also, most of that stuff is yardsale fodder. You can find most of the games for around $5 each, and the system for around $25.

If not at a yard sale, then in the bargain bin at any video store.

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
I have an old, working TI99-4A with original monitor, and according to this thread it must be worth bookoo bucks! lol...any takers at say...$400?

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
It's not the system itself that's worth so much, but the games. Those are most of Squaresoft's SNES titles and they are all great games in high demand. The price is right.

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Ebay is full of suckers.

This thread is dead, so stop beating a dead horse. You gotta have more important things to do...I know that I do.

hamsystem

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2008
Just to clarify, nvalhalla is right, the system itself isn't worth much, but the games are. Those games were pretty much the cream of the crop for the Super Nintendo. The person that bought my system is actually a reseller, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes twice what he paid for it by selling the games individually. I know it seems hard to believe, but there's a collector for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS