HP Pavilion notebook hangs at splash screen

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
May 19, 2004 2:42:04 PM

When I power on my N3150 notebook it gets to the 'Pavilion' splash
screen and goes no further. I haven't added any new hardware. I've
tried removing the battery as well as disconnecting AC power for
several minutes.

Anybody experience the same problem?

Jeff
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 24, 2004 6:29:35 PM

"Jeff" <jfuhry@avtron.com> wrote in message
> I tried the reset button to no avail. It reboots and hangs at the same
> spot. I hit F2 but can't even get into BIOS setup. After reading some
> of the posts, I'm skeptical that calling HP support will get me
> anywhere.

I would then try the start of the machine with the Windows XP or restore CD
and see if that will get you going. You make a repair via the Restore
process.
I would hazard a guess that something is not loading properly and I would
opt for the full restore back to factory specs.

HP "Makers of Junk Computers" and "Terrible Support"...But your experience
may be different.

Elector
!