Help wanted with Defrag Results

Hi,

Yesterday I defragged my disc (first time for ages) and would like
some help with the results please :)

When I've defragged before the top bar of the disc defrag window (the
'before' picture) would show blue and red files in the left hand
quarter of the bar, and on the extreme right, would be the band of
green hidden files where my system manufacturer (Time UK, 'spit') has
placed the XP backup files.

Yesterday, however, things were entirely different! Most blue and red
files were still on the left but others were spread right across the
screen! and the green files on the far right were 'gone' - instead
there were 3 vertical bars of green files about a quarter of the way
in from the left hand side of the screen.

After I had run Defrag TWICE there was a large block of blue files on
the extreme left (as usual) but there were still vertical bars of blue
files quite near the main block and some more (blue and red) clustered
about an inch from the righthand edge - one of these turned green
after the second defrag (somehow!??).

I hope the above will make sense to someone!

Regards,

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

Byte

If you defreg again, the colors will change again. Don't worry, when you
start to defrag, the defragger has a button to analyze your status. Click it,
and it will let you know if defragging is necessary.