cuban

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
Hello,

I just purchased a Gigabye GA-7VAXP. Upon installing everything, I get a one to two second long beep. The beep repeats every few seconds infinitly. No video is displayed. I have tested some known working RAM as well and still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to assist me?

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Yeah.

That's usually a CPU beep. I wouldn't know, just because I've never EVAR! hooked up that stupid system speaker that comez with every case.

That is, quite literally, the first thing that getz junked. The second thing is that nappy little 250w psu they always "include", but that's off topic.

Other than that, you might pull out the cmos battery and try to boot up. Could just be a bad battery.

[Jedi mind trick] You LOVE Palladium. [/mind trick]

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Ok.

Backup.

That mainboard has two dips. One sets the multiplier, and can be set to auto (factory default).

The other is the divisor, and it's usually set to 3 (factory default).

What do you have those two at right now?

flowmaster

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Sounds like the board may be grounded out or that your not using a 400w power supply or better as needed for the 8x agp and everything. Make sure the videocard hasnt slipped out just barely or that its not all the way down or check that the ram is completely in.

:)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by flowmaster on 10/12/02 10:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

cuban

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
I have the multiplier set to auto, and the FSB set to 100 I've tried 133 as well. Where is the devisor, and what should I set it to for an Athlon XP 1800+

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
That's the divisor dip switch. That's all it really is. It just has an "extra" bonus of locking you down to a range of FSB's.

Set it to 4. Or the "133" option. That shouldn't prevent you from booting, though...

TRENDING THREADS