BioShock - solution for Intial Load Screen black out

GenericName

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
I ran into this solution on another forum so if you've installed the game then go to play it and the Load Screen goes dark here is what fixed it for me:

Vista 64

Start --> Control Panel --> Programs (The top selection Programs not the sub) --> Programs and Features --> Turn Windows Features off/on

When that comes up Turn off --> Tablet PC optional Components (this process can take about 5 minutes then it reboots)

This fixed the problem for me, now the only problem I have is the game runs like crap from bad drivers on my top end system. I was able to play it though

Use at your own risk although its a turn on/off feature so shouldn't be too risky

Snipe3000

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks for the help, I went through loads of fourms and no one knew the answer. As far as I can tell your the only one who knows the solution.

Thanks again.

thegreat1

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2006
I had the load screen problem to after the submarine intro.

All I did was chagne my sound settigns from Stereo to mono (the furthest left on the slider) and the game worked fine...

wachap

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
hi, i have vista in spanish and have the same problem
i have tired a lot of different solution that i foun on the internet, but they doesnt seems to work, this one has to be the right one, but i cant find the tablet pc option to disable... so i dont know what to do
anyone who can help me?
wachap@gmail.com