Dannie;
That is old news.
If you have Windows XP Home AU could start installing SP-2 any time as
long as you have Automatic Update on.
Windows XP Pro AU installation is delayed until 25 August.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> Auto update for SP2 has been delayed per article I read in Zdnet.
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5312747.html
>
> Dannie

Thanks and it may be old news BUT this morning when I turned on my PC it
said I had updates for SP2. Accepted and nothing came down SOOOO I started
searching around.
Dannie

> Dannie;
> That is old news.
> If you have Windows XP Home AU could start installing SP-2 any time as
> long as you have Automatic Update on.
> Windows XP Pro AU installation is delayed until 25 August.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> > Auto update for SP2 has been delayed per article I read in Zdnet.
> > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5312747.html
> >
> > Dannie

Forget about waiting for Microsoft to offer SP2 through auto update, you can
download SP2 using this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

Ignore the bit anbout it only being for IT professionals, I have
slipstreamed this version of SP2 with my original installation disk and it
installs fine (with or without the slipstreaming)

"Dannie" wrote:

> Thanks and it may be old news BUT this morning when I turned on my PC it
> said I had updates for SP2. Accepted and nothing came down SOOOO I started
> searching around.
> Dannie
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
> > Dannie;
> > That is old news.
> > If you have Windows XP Home AU could start installing SP-2 any time as
> > long as you have Automatic Update on.
> > Windows XP Pro AU installation is delayed until 25 August.
> >
> > --
> > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
> >

> > "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> > > Auto update for SP2 has been delayed per article I read in Zdnet.
> > > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5312747.html
> > >
> > > Dannie

Dannie;
That is a common problem today so I asked someone at Microsoft.
I was just informed this seems only to be an issue when you select
"Notify me..." in Automatic Update and they are working on it.
Select the other Automatic Update option and see if it works.
Right click My Computer
Click Properties
Click Automatic Update tab
Select "Automatic Recommended"
Click OK and follow prompts

--

> Thanks and it may be old news BUT this morning when I turned on my
> PC it
> said I had updates for SP2. Accepted and nothing came down SOOOO I
> started
> searching around.
> Dannie
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
>> Dannie;
>> That is old news.
>> If you have Windows XP Home AU could start installing SP-2 any time
>> as
>> long as you have Automatic Update on.
>> Windows XP Pro AU installation is delayed until 25 August.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>>

>> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> > Auto update for SP2 has been delayed per article I read in Zdnet.
>> > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5312747.html
>> >
>> > Dannie

TRENDING THREADS