LOTRO us version vs. uk version

silentfoot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
hi folks.

was wondering if there is any difference in purchasing the US version compared to the UK version. will i be limited to the servers that i can join? i live in south east asia so if its a matter of where it is sold and registered add. or something i could care less. any feedback appreciated, thanks :)

mihnea

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2007
Hi,

with the European version you will only be able to play on euro servers. If you live in Europe playing on European servers will mean lower ping :) then on servers in other continents.

But if you say you live in South-East Asia, then you should search for something that is closer to you. I don't know if there is asian version, should be though, you have to check if there are servers based geographically in Asia or not, what's closer to your location. Turbine or Codemasters forums might help :)

Have fun playing :)

silentfoot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
hi mihnea,

thanks for the reply. u confirmed my suspicions about the servers. i'll check if there is an asian version though i doubt it!

StuMan

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
Also take into consideration the times that the majority of players on the servers play. I used to play WoW and Lotro from Australia and it was useful to find a server that was popular during your playing time for PvP/raiding. However if you are PvE based go for a server that is not full during your playing times.

TRENDING THREADS