I AM WORRIED ABOUT THESE..

August 19, 2004 2:53:49 PM

Hi!
Everyday when i check my mails(thru Outlook Express)i see
atleast 2 to 3 mails in my inbox with a .exe or .com
or .scr file attached..
The body/message of those mails is as follows:-
"I'm sorry to have to inform you that I wasn't able to
deliver your message to the following addresses:
Undelivered message to vggaxa@puremail.net (or any other
mail arbitary mail id)
Message follows:"

What are these mails for when i dont even know the sender??
how come they/the senders know my mail id???
And how can i stop them from coming into my mail box???

More about : worried

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 3:44:38 PM

General Rule: NEVER open an e-mail file when you do not
know the sender. The attachments you mentioned have
extensions that sound like they contain a virus. Delete
them.

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 11:40:49 PM

I get them every day too. Delete them. Don't worry about them. But whatever
you do don't open the attachments.

John

"RDG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> Everyday when i check my mails(thru Outlook Express)i see
> atleast 2 to 3 mails in my inbox with a .exe or .com
> or .scr file attached..
> The body/message of those mails is as follows:-
> "I'm sorry to have to inform you that I wasn't able to
> deliver your message to the following addresses:
> Undelivered message to vggaxa@puremail.net (or any other
> mail arbitary mail id)
> Message follows:"
>
> What are these mails for when i dont even know the sender??
> how come they/the senders know my mail id???
> And how can i stop them from coming into my mail box???

August 19, 2004 11:59:57 PM

You get them because someone has obtained your email address from a posting
to a newsgroup, entry into an online contest, etc. The messages are NOT
SPAM (spam tries to sell you something where these are malicious emails),
they are messages that have a virus or worm attachment. If you open the
email attachment you will be infected unless your antivirus program
recognizes the virus and prevents it from installing. (If you are getting
the attachments in your email without your antivirus program telling you
they are virus you need to invest in an email virus scanner also.)

"RDG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> Everyday when i check my mails(thru Outlook Express)i see
> atleast 2 to 3 mails in my inbox with a .exe or .com
> or .scr file attached..
> The body/message of those mails is as follows:-
> "I'm sorry to have to inform you that I wasn't able to
> deliver your message to the following addresses:
> Undelivered message to vggaxa@puremail.net (or any other
> mail arbitary mail id)
> Message follows:"
>
> What are these mails for when i dont even know the sender??
> how come they/the senders know my mail id???
> And how can i stop them from coming into my mail box???

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 9:52:19 PM

Why are you opening mail from someone that you don't know?

Use your Delete Key!

!