Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New XP computer crash

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 19, 2004 4:39:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I was just putting together a network and still had the desktop showing. As
soon as I attached the crossover cable between the two computers NICS the
screen displays:
hardware malfunction
NMI Parity check/ memory parity error
***the system has halted***

Ctrl-alt-del has no effect cannot do anything
Dell XP system is one day old.
systems now separated, on old 95 system.

SUGGESTIOINS PLEASE leaving as is until I hear.
Mel S.

More about : computer crash

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 4:53:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Indicates nothing to do with the network..... but bad RAM (memory).

On which PC are you getting this error.... let's hope it's the Dell which is
obviously still under guarantee.
--
Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com


"Shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:o hS6pQihEHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I was just putting together a network and still had the desktop showing.
As
> soon as I attached the crossover cable between the two computers NICS the
> screen displays:
> hardware malfunction
> NMI Parity check/ memory parity error
> ***the system has halted***
>
> Ctrl-alt-del has no effect cannot do anything
> Dell XP system is one day old.
> systems now separated, on old 95 system.
>
> SUGGESTIOINS PLEASE leaving as is until I hear.
> Mel S.
>
>
August 20, 2004 12:06:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Looking at Dell, it is the new Dell, groups now and see lots of this
relating to NIC cards.
For now my FIRST question is since how do I get out of this halted system?
Ctrl-alt-del no help
Power down????????
Mel S.
"Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
news:e0qXJZihEHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Indicates nothing to do with the network..... but bad RAM (memory).
>
> On which PC are you getting this error.... let's hope it's the Dell which
is
> obviously still under guarantee.
> --
> Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> www.coribright.com
>
>
> "Shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
> news:o hS6pQihEHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > I was just putting together a network and still had the desktop showing.
> As
> > soon as I attached the crossover cable between the two computers NICS
the
> > screen displays:
> > hardware malfunction
> > NMI Parity check/ memory parity error
> > ***the system has halted***
> >
> > Ctrl-alt-del has no effect cannot do anything
> > Dell XP system is one day old.
> > systems now separated, on old 95 system.
> >
> > SUGGESTIOINS PLEASE leaving as is until I hear.
> > Mel S.
> >
> >
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 12:06:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Call Dell's tech support. A one day old system should not have this happen.
You are entitled to at least one year of tech support and parts, probably
including on site support if needed.


"Shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
news:LK7Vc.8629$54.124920@typhoon.sonic.net...
> Looking at Dell, it is the new Dell, groups now and see lots of this
> relating to NIC cards.
> For now my FIRST question is since how do I get out of this halted system?
> Ctrl-alt-del no help
> Power down????????
> Mel S.
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> news:e0qXJZihEHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Indicates nothing to do with the network..... but bad RAM (memory).
> >
> > On which PC are you getting this error.... let's hope it's the Dell
which
> is
> > obviously still under guarantee.
> > --
> > Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> >
> > "Shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
> > news:o hS6pQihEHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > I was just putting together a network and still had the desktop
showing.
> > As
> > > soon as I attached the crossover cable between the two computers NICS
> the
> > > screen displays:
> > > hardware malfunction
> > > NMI Parity check/ memory parity error
> > > ***the system has halted***
> > >
> > > Ctrl-alt-del has no effect cannot do anything
> > > Dell XP system is one day old.
> > > systems now separated, on old 95 system.
> > >
> > > SUGGESTIOINS PLEASE leaving as is until I hear.
> > > Mel S.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 12:06:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Sorry, too fast on the send button. If the NIC is Dells (came in the system
it will definitely be their problem unless you have a defective crossover
cable. If you have any way to check that I would do so before calling.
Does the NIC show in device manager? In properties, does it indicate any
error messages?


"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message
news:10iaf9s2mqifm61@corp.supernews.com...
> Call Dell's tech support. A one day old system should not have this
happen.
> You are entitled to at least one year of tech support and parts, probably
> including on site support if needed.
>
>
> "Shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
> news:LK7Vc.8629$54.124920@typhoon.sonic.net...
> > Looking at Dell, it is the new Dell, groups now and see lots of this
> > relating to NIC cards.
> > For now my FIRST question is since how do I get out of this halted
system?
> > Ctrl-alt-del no help
> > Power down????????
> > Mel S.
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > news:e0qXJZihEHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Indicates nothing to do with the network..... but bad RAM (memory).
> > >
> > > On which PC are you getting this error.... let's hope it's the Dell
> which
> > is
> > > obviously still under guarantee.
> > > --
> > > Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> > > www.coribright.com
> > >
> > >
> > > "Shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
> > > news:o hS6pQihEHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > > I was just putting together a network and still had the desktop
> showing.
> > > As
> > > > soon as I attached the crossover cable between the two computers
NICS
> > the
> > > > screen displays:
> > > > hardware malfunction
> > > > NMI Parity check/ memory parity error
> > > > ***the system has halted***
> > > >
> > > > Ctrl-alt-del has no effect cannot do anything
> > > > Dell XP system is one day old.
> > > > systems now separated, on old 95 system.
> > > >
> > > > SUGGESTIOINS PLEASE leaving as is until I hear.
> > > > Mel S.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
!