Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

hey all,

after installing sp2 I'm getting the following error:
THIS HAPPENS EVERYTIME I CLICK ON ANY PROGRAM FILES ICONS TO CREATE A
SHORTCUT TO DESKTOP. AND THEN MY DESKTOP REFRESHES.
After installing sp2 I'm getting the following error:

------------------------------------
explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x0272415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
-------------------------------------

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

NETCRAMMER wrote:

> hey all,
>
> after installing sp2 I'm getting the following error:
> THIS HAPPENS EVERYTIME I CLICK ON ANY PROGRAM FILES ICONS TO CREATE A
> SHORTCUT TO DESKTOP. AND THEN MY DESKTOP REFRESHES.
> After installing sp2 I'm getting the following error:

> ------------------------------------
> explorer.exe - Application Error
>
> The instruction at "0x0272415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
> memory could not be "written".
> Click on OK to terminate program
> Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Are you using DivX 5.2? If so go back to version 5.1.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Well,
After uninstalling SP2 the error went away proving that it was the service
pack. yes I do have divx 5.2 installed. but why would I only have this
problem after
installing sp2?

thx.

-NET