Linksys BEFW11S4

Does anyone know if I can tweak this router to get a stronger signal? I
bought a linksys booster, but I still can't get good signal on the 3rd
floor. OR if there is a better outer on the market with a stronger signal??

Paul

Nothing can be done on the S4 to increase the signal.

It would appear that the best choice would be moving to a WRT54G or GS and
running the SVEASOFT firmware, which does allow you to increase the
transmission wattage (your milage may differ). Check out www.linksysinfo.org
for the best advice.

Bill

"Waterboy" <ps0930@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if I can tweak this router to get a stronger signal? I
> bought a linksys booster, but I still can't get good signal on the 3rd
> floor. OR if there is a better outer on the market with a stronger
signal??

> Paul

> It would appear that the best choice would be moving to a WRT54G or GS and
> running the SVEASOFT firmware, which does allow you to increase the
> transmission wattage (your milage may differ). Check out
www.linksysinfo.org
> for the best advice.
>
> Bill

<snip>

Thanks for the link! <bg>

Louie
Gainesville, FL, USA

---

> Nothing can be done on the S4 to increase the signal.
> It would appear that the best choice would be moving to a WRT54G or GS and
> running the SVEASOFT firmware, which does allow you to increase the
> transmission wattage (your milage may differ). Check out www.linksysinfo.org
> for the best advice.

You can also try the ASUS WL-500g which offers the option without having to
install a custom firmware (and it also offers static DHCP entries, plus
a USB port to share printers/disks/webcams).

Stefan

Waterboy <ps0930@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if I can tweak this router to get a stronger signal? I
> bought a linksys booster, but I still can't get good signal on the 3rd
> floor. OR if there is a better outer on the market with a stronger signal??

How much signal improvement do you need?
You might be able to get 10 dB from a reflector.
http://www.freeantennas.com

--
---