preview window in windows explorer for XP

In Windows explorer for 2000, I had the file directory on the left and the
files on the right. In between those, I had a description of the folder,
size...but most important a preview window for images. I liked that and I am
having a hard time trying to find the settings in my XP version. In 2000,
you go to view/ customize this folder and go to standard or image preview,
but where is it in XP?
3 answers Last reply
More about preview window windows explorer

    "OSTY" <OSTY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | In Windows explorer for 2000, I had the file directory on the
    | left and the files on the right. In between those, I had a
    | description of the folder, size...but most important a preview
    | window for images. I liked that and I am having a hard time
    | trying to find the settings in my XP version. In 2000, you go
    | to view/ customize this folder and go to standard or image
    | preview, but where is it in XP?

    In regards to folder size:

    - If you configure Microsoft Windows Explorer to "show pop-up
    descriptions for folder and desktop items", then hover your mouse
    over a folder in the right-side pane of Microsoft Windows
    Explorer Folder View, the pop-up description will include the
    folder size.

    - If you configure Microsoft Windows Explorer to show the "status
    bar within a program", open the folder, then select all of the
    objects in the folder, the combined size of all the objects
    appears in the second section of the status bar.

    - If you configure Microsoft Windows Explorer to "Show common
    tasks in folders", set the Task Pane section to show Details, and
    then select all the files in a folder the total size appears in
    the Details section next to the item titled: Total File Size.

    In regards to a preview window for images:

    - If you configure Microsoft Windows Explorer to "Show common
    tasks in folders", set the Task Pane section to show Details, and
    then select the image file, a preview of the image will be shown
    in the Details section in addition to the Name, Type, Dimensions,
    Size, and Date Modified (if available).

    Note that the "Show common tasks in folders" also includes
    several nifty New Features for working with folders that contain
    image files. One lets you "view your pictures as a slide show".
    And another lets you "view pictures as a filmstrip".

    For more information search the Windows XP Help and Support
    Center for the phrases in double-quotes (with the quotes) and
    read the Full-text Search Matches by those titles.

    Your long and irrelevent answer cut and pasted as if volume means anything is as I said irrelevent. The question is

    Folder tree + Common Tasks at the same time.

    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

    "Carrie Garth" <PostInGroup@invalid.cxg> wrote in message news:eCGtRZFiEHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > "OSTY" <OSTY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | In Windows explorer for 2000, I had the file directory on the
    > | left and the files on the right. In between those, I had a
    > | description of the folder, size...but most important a preview
    > | window for images. I liked that and I am having a hard time
    > | trying to find the settings in my XP version. In 2000, you go
    > | to view/ customize this folder and go to standard or image
    > | preview, but where is it in XP?
    >
    > In regards to folder size:
    >
    > - If you configure Microsoft Windows Explorer to "show pop-up
    > descriptions for folder and desktop items", then hover your mouse
    > over a folder in the right-side pane of Microsoft Windows
    > Explorer Folder View, the pop-up description will include the
    > folder size.
    >
    > - If you configure Microsoft Windows Explorer to show the "status
    > bar within a program", open the folder, then select all of the
    > objects in the folder, the combined size of all the objects
    > appears in the second section of the status bar.
    >
    > - If you configure Microsoft Windows Explorer to "Show common
    > tasks in folders", set the Task Pane section to show Details, and
    > then select all the files in a folder the total size appears in
    > the Details section next to the item titled: Total File Size.
    >
    > In regards to a preview window for images:
    >
    > - If you configure Microsoft Windows Explorer to "Show common
    > tasks in folders", set the Task Pane section to show Details, and
    > then select the image file, a preview of the image will be shown
    > in the Details section in addition to the Name, Type, Dimensions,
    > Size, and Date Modified (if available).
    >
    > Note that the "Show common tasks in folders" also includes
    > several nifty New Features for working with folders that contain
    > image files. One lets you "view your pictures as a slide show".
    > And another lets you "view pictures as a filmstrip".
    >
    > For more information search the Windows XP Help and Support
    > Center for the phrases in double-quotes (with the quotes) and
    > read the Full-text Search Matches by those titles.

    |:| "OSTY" <OSTY@discussions.microsoft.com>
    |:| news:C53C7105-422F-4EA8-B1C9-D05919D0C8E4@microsoft.com.
    |:| In Windows explorer for 2000, <SNIP>

    :| "Carrie Garth" <PostInGroup@invalid.cxg>
    :| Message news:eCGtRZFiEHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl
    :| In regards to folder size: <SNIP>
    :| In regards to a preview window for images: <SNIP>

    | "David Candy" <david@mvps.org>
    | Message news:uAKSldFiEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
    | Your long and irrelevent answer cut and pasted as if
    | volume means anything is as I said irrelevent. The question
    | is
    |
    | Folder tree + Common Tasks at the same time.

    I see from your header that you read the newsgroups using:

    <SNIP> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158

    Open OLEXP, F1, search for "To block messages from a sender or
    domain", add PostInGroup@invalid.cxg.