Someone played Crysis Beta ?!!

raptess

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2004
Im doing the beta thing myself and yeah it looks pretty, but I find once again with most new games comming out, the motion blur is overdone :(
Just turning around causes a great deal of blur, even the weapon in your hand that turns with you gets a little blur effect.
Im not saying its a bad thing, just a little overdone.

I ran around for a couple hours checking things out, but it didnt realy catch me so to say. Maybe Im just over the whole FPS thing.

Hopefully the single player element will bring it all back for me.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

You can turn down the gun inertia (motion blurr) in the game options menu. Either all the way down or just however much you want to use. I personally put it right in the middle and it seems to be perfect for me. I have loved my 2 - 3 hours of play that I have gotten in so far

Best,

3Ball

raptess

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2004
Well its almost 2 weeks since I began the beta and I stand by my 1st impressions.
Yeah it looks good and runs very well, but I am definetly over the 1st Person / PvP / Deathmatch type gameplay.
I realy get nothing from FPS games anymore, they all seem the same from one to the next these days and pretty graphics do not make fun gameplay.

Even though I say this now, I will most likely still purchase it when its released. Im a sucker for having new stuff .. lol ..

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

Well I suppose I know what ya mean to an extent. Though I dont really get tired of things that I like, but in the Beta's defense the gametype is not deathmatch...its more of a mix between BF2, Counter Strike, and an RTS. You buy your weapons and have multiple upgrades and customizations as well as the suit, which makes for a diverse way to play the game and also your captured objectives actually help you and dont just give you points. They help is ways such that to get newer prototype weapons and all with the ultimate goal to destroy the final base (rts type objective), You have to take out turrents and other defenses to get close all while defending other captured objectives. I thought the new twist on the game type was quite fun and the map is huge. Though I am still a sucker for DM games, as Quake, Fortress Forever (though it has mostly objectives), and UT are my personal faves.

Im just curious is to what you are playing and enjoying these days? Oh and yea I know what ya mean about buying new stuff lol

Best,

3Ball

raptess

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2004
I used to play and enjoy games from all forms. But like I said, most FPS games are all the same to me now and I get nothing from them.
I'm a huge RPG player, at least with these games I can see and feel that I am getting somewhere in the game storyline.
Instead of 'run around shooting anything that moves for 30 mins, then having to start from scratch and do it again when one team wins' type thing.

Currently I am playing Oblivion, Overlord, Two Worlds, and dare I say it World of Warcraft.
Out of these, I am realy only enjoying Two Worlds at the moment. The others are getting old and stale, as I've pretty much finished them. WoW dies in the ass at 70 when you realy only have big dungeon raids to do and spend hours waiting for people to turn up. I have actualy closed my WoW account now and enjoying real life once again.. hehe

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
lol yea i had a wow acc, but RPG's are really just to slow for me. I feel completely different than you when I play them I feel I am getting nowhere thought when I play an FPS I feel I am getting better at the game. I am a very competitive person and I basically play games to be good at them. I guess thats why I prefer them. Thx for all your info I have always been curious is to how the other side thinks!

Best,

3Ball