Creative DVD Dxr2 Problem

Recently migrated from 98 2nd Edition to XP Home
Edition. My DVD player gives a error message "Virtual
Protection Failure ()" when I tried to run Wing Commander
4. The drive appears to work with most CDs, but will not
load CD-RWs that will load on my CD-rw drive. I have
reinstalled drives to no avail. Can not find any new
drives on creative site. Any help greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about creative dxr2 problem

    Creative posted an XP driver for the Dxr3 but none for the Dxr2. You're
    probably SOL.

    "G Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Recently migrated from 98 2nd Edition to XP Home
    > Edition. My DVD player gives a error message "Virtual
    > Protection Failure ()" when I tried to run Wing Commander
    > 4. The drive appears to work with most CDs, but will not
    > load CD-RWs that will load on my CD-rw drive. I have
    > reinstalled drives to no avail. Can not find any new
    > drives on creative site. Any help greatly appreciated.

Windows XP