Creative DVD Dxr2 Problem

August 20, 2004 11:51:38 PM

Recently migrated from 98 2nd Edition to XP Home
Edition. My DVD player gives a error message "Virtual
Protection Failure ()" when I tried to run Wing Commander
4. The drive appears to work with most CDs, but will not
load CD-RWs that will load on my CD-rw drive. I have
reinstalled drives to no avail. Can not find any new
drives on creative site. Any help greatly appreciated.
August 21, 2004 2:06:44 AM

Creative posted an XP driver for the Dxr3 but none for the Dxr2. You're
probably SOL.

!