Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Start > run > cmd.exe
or
Start > Run > command.com

"Elaine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:a70501c48732$b6407a50$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Could someone please tell me how to reach the DOS prompt
> from Windows XP?

Erehwon

"Elaine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could someone please tell me how to reach the DOS prompt
> from Windows XP?

Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt

Thank you Jerry. I will give that a try. Really appreciate
your help.

Thank you Erehwon. I appreciate your help.

Craig

When I typed Netstast to check port opening , following 4 states were
recorded:

Listening
Time_wait
Syn_sent
Established

Could someone explain whatthese states mean? Satoshi

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:31:14 -0600, Craig wrote:

> When I typed Netstast to check port opening , following 4 states were
> recorded:
>
> Listening
> Time_wait
> Syn_sent
> Established
>
> Could someone explain whatthese states mean? Satoshi

Although the article below does not list XP in the list of products, the
information it contains still applies:

TCP Connection States and Netstat Output

Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

| "Craig" http://www.microsoft.com/communities/privacy.mspx
| Message news:2opm83Fde83qU1@uni-berlin.de...
| When I typed Netstast to check port opening , following 4
| states were recorded:
|
| Listening
| Time_wait
| Syn_sent
| Established
|
| Could someone explain whatthese states mean? Satoshi

You may find the following web page informative. It explains and
illustrates what the netstat command reports ("state of TDI
transport addresses and connection endpoints...")

HSC - Brève - Minimization of network services on Windows systems
http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/breves/min_srv_res_win.en.html

You may find the following Sysinternals program named "TCPView"
useful. It is an application with a GUI interface that shows you
a detailed listings of all TCP and UDP endpoints on your system,
including the local and remote addresses, the state of the
connections, the name of the process that owns each endpoint,
etc.

Sysinternals Freeware
Utilities for Windows NT and Windows 2000
TCPView
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml

You can find peer-to-peer support for Networking technologies in
the Networking Technologies Newsgroups. The following page has
links you can click to access Networking Technologies Newsgroups
with your Web browser, or with a Network News Transfer Protocol
(NNTP)-based newsreader such as Outlook Express.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Networking Technologies Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/newsgroups/networking/default.mspx