cheapest 5.1 speaker system with optical in? (for 360)

I was looking for a cheap surround sound system that would support 5.1 dolby digital audio through a fibre optic connection, (for use with the xbox 360, so it needs to have a decoder) I use the same monitor for my xbox and pc with a vga switcher, so it must also be able to take 3x analogue coaxial mini jacks or 1x digital mini jack aswell (from a creative xfi) I have looked around and can't find any of the leading pc 5.1 speakers with optical connections on at all, so I would really appreciate any help.
5 answers Last reply
More about cheapest speaker system optical
  1. The Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speaker system comes with an external decoder and has exactly the inputs that you are looking for. The 3 pc inputs, 1 digital coax and 1 optical input.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=us,en

I actually have the exact same setup with my XBox and PC plugged into the same screen and I use the digital out on the XBox with the speakers.

You should also be able to pick them up for a really good price.
  2. Go for the z-5500's I have the exact same setup, it has one digital coax and one optical input also. I'm using a xFi card with mine also.
    I would really recommend it.
  3. z-5400 and z-5300e also support coax and optical and are a damn sight cheaper
  4. Is that what the port is on the back of the cable for the 360, an optical port?
  5. z5300e doesnt support digital input, my bad
Ask a new question

Read More

Console Gaming Video Games