3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I just got into it with the second batch. I have had an account for years, but just missed the first batch by 1 day last week. I have only been able to play for about a total of 2 - 3 hours or so, but I can tell you this that I play @ ~30fps or so on average with the system you see in the sig running @ 1680x1050 with no AA, and medium quality settings. The beta is programmed extremely well as I run 30 FPS and there is no stutter or mouse lag. It runs quite smooth and the server lag is minimal to none so far. I am far more impressed with this beta over the 2 different beta's of enemy territory quake wars. ETQW does not look as good and is on a smaller scale as far as Multi goes and yet with its poor programming stuttered on my comp even when I had higher FPS than I have in Crysis. The sniper has great range, and the suit and weapon upgrades are simple to use as well as quite fun as well...I love the cloak. The game mode is somewhat of a mix between a BF2 and RTS mix. You take objectives in order to gain strategic advantages and technological advances in your ultimate quest to (what I think you are trying to do in the end anyways) is destroy the opposing teams base. So in this game mode it isn't the cliche of DM that some people had first said it was from the few videos that we saw on the web. Hopefully this is something like what you were wanting...if there are any questions you want me to try out in the game then I will happily do so and answer back when I can.

P.S. I would really recommend getting a FP account. I have had one for 3 years now paying like $6.50 a month or something like that after tax and i have gotten into probably over 50 beta's that I have played and had to opportunity for more as well as access to files first in many cases and never have to wait in line for the high speed servers that I can download @ 1mb/s on average, which is nice...atleast for me it is! lol

Best,

3Ball

G

I installed and ran Crysis this morning. Just set medium settings, 4x AA and 1280x1024 just to get running and to see it.

I jumped into 3 games, the first game, everything was all black, the next 2 games, most everything was all white... I had to leave right away for work, but I have no idea why it is messed up or how to fix it. Any help with that would be appreciated.

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Buried deep down in my subcionscious is a really cheap gremlin who would never allow me to pay $80 a year to join a download service.

I just keep on thinking $6.50 is almost the price of a new budget game every month.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Well I got my PC, a c2q6600, just need to replace the video card (currently.. x1650..), it runs BF2 better than my old pc, way better, so far i've been the first to load in everytime.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

This happened to me when I changed my settings one time in a game and the server restarted. I just restarted the game and then got back in and had no problem. So try doing that or maybe even just restarting the comp and see if it is back to normal.

Best,

3Ball

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

Just tell that gremlin that you are paying for not only a great download service, but also a beta service or get a friend to give you $40 and then yall can split it. lol, my roommate offered to do that with me, but I dont even notice the charge of $6.50 a month or whatever the exact amount may be. If I actually payed one charge of $80 a year I probably wouldnt use it, but building up to the $80 over 12 months doesnt seem like anything to me. Kinda like how I payed ~$15 a month for about 9 months or so to pay off my Halo 3 copy! lol

Best,

3Ball

G

3Ball, that's all that I had to do. Thank you, its runs smooth and looks GREAT!!! Now if I can only get good at it...

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
N D A, there are enough people at incrysis that'll report..

They still have the last batch open, it's been there for a looooong time, milking it for what it worth? Or are there just not that many people downloading and playing and have loads of keys left?

G

Yeah, there is a NDA so we can't post screens or really say anything about it other than it looks GREAT! I have only been playing on Medium settings with 4xAA. Tonight I'll set it all to High and 8xAA and see if my system can handle it. I'm not sure since I only have the 320MB GTS... I may have to step up :)