spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
seems a little odd, in Bioshock that the option to "force global lighting" is turned off by default on higher settings and on on lower ones, does that mean it makes the IQ worse? because normally video options are set so that you can simply assume that turning everything on is best. sooo... anyone know anything about this?

cole92

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
Hey, force global lighting in Bioshock will make the game look worse. It has something to do with making all the lighting the same and will make the games lighting worse but will help increase performance if you need it. Glad I could help :)

bash007

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
No it does NOT improve quality, it improves performance as cole92 said.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_5.html

I quote: "Force Global Lighting: When set to On, this option enables a less accurate form of lighting which can improve performance. The screenshot comparison above shows that when enabled, the use of Global Lighting causes numerous inaccuracies in the scene. Notice for example the orange gas cylinder in the top right is incorrectly lit up when it should actually be dark due to the desk's shadow thrown by the lamp on the ground; the shadows on the body of the nurse are also harsher and less realistic; the shadows in the inside of the bucket on the bottom left are missing, etc. In general though it doesn't reduce image quality noticeably while playing, so if you're struggling for FPS - particularly in heavy combat scenes - then you should enable this option."

It is also mentioned in the manual I believe.

TRENDING THREADS