CE, my experience with loric!

I was playing a tcp/ip game with my daughter. I had forgotten the
warning I read here about King Loric hiding behind one of those secret
panels. So we are marching through, having a little difficulty not much
though, and I decide to open the secret panel. BAAAAD decision. At
level 20 my fire and ice sorc died instantly. We both died several
times trying to retrieve our bodies, before deciding to save and exit!

At what clevl should I try to kill him? I would love to see he drops
when I have used a torch!

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:03:32 -0500, sidekick
<sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

>I was playing a tcp/ip game with my daughter. I had forgotten the
>warning I read here about King Loric hiding behind one of those secret
>panels. So we are marching through, having a little difficulty not much
>though, and I decide to open the secret panel. BAAAAD decision. At
>level 20 my fire and ice sorc died instantly. We both died several
>times trying to retrieve our bodies, before deciding to save and exit!
>
> At what clevl should I try to kill him? I would love to see he drops
>when I have used a torch!

After beating Baal is the recommendation from the Forums.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

"ald" <103175.3500@compuserve.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:03:32 -0500, sidekick
> <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> >I was playing a tcp/ip game with my daughter. I had forgotten the
> >warning I read here about King Loric hiding behind one of those secret
> >panels. So we are marching through, having a little difficulty not much
> >though, and I decide to open the secret panel. BAAAAD decision. At
> >level 20 my fire and ice sorc died instantly. We both died several
> >times trying to retrieve our bodies, before deciding to save and exit!
> >
> > At what clevl should I try to kill him? I would love to see he drops
> >when I have used a torch!
>
> After beating Baal is the recommendation from the Forums.
>
> ald

I think he is talking about D1...

Walt

--
-------------
Europe SC non-ladder

Walt wrote:
> "ald" <103175.3500@compuserve.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>>On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:03:32 -0500, sidekick
>><sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:
>>

>>>I was playing a tcp/ip game with my daughter. I had forgotten the
>>>warning I read here about King Loric hiding behind one of those secret
>>>panels. So we are marching through, having a little difficulty not much
>>>though, and I decide to open the secret panel. BAAAAD decision. At
>>>level 20 my fire and ice sorc died instantly. We both died several
>>>times trying to retrieve our bodies, before deciding to save and exit!
>>>
>>> At what clevl should I try to kill him? I would love to see he drops
>>>when I have used a torch!
>>
>>After beating Baal is the recommendation from the Forums.
>>
>>ald
>

> I think he is talking about D1...
>
> Walt
>
> Nope, Its the mod "chaos empire" A great mod! It adds a lot of the
monsters and items from D1 such as the "acid beasts"! very bad little
guys! LOL

Diane

sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in

> Walt wrote:
>> "ald" <103175.3500@compuserve.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>>After beating Baal is the recommendation from the Forums.
>>>
>>>ald
>>

>> I think he is talking about D1...
>>
>> Walt
>>
>> Nope, Its the mod "chaos empire" A great mod! It adds a lot of the
> monsters and items from D1 such as the "acid beasts"! very bad
> little guys! LOL

Ah, you're playing CE too? It's great, isn't it? I can't seem to get
myself away from it, lol.

Diane

Diane wrote:
> sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in
>

>>Walt wrote:
>>
>>>"ald" <103175.3500@compuserve.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>>I think he is talking about D1...
>>>
>>>Walt
>>>
>>>Nope, Its the mod "chaos empire" A great mod! It adds a lot of the
>>
>>monsters and items from D1 such as the "acid beasts"! very bad
>>little guys! LOL
>>

> Ah, you're playing CE too? It's great, isn't it? I can't seem to get
> myself away from it, lol.
>
> Diane
I wish I had more time to play! I havent gotten to andariel<sp?> but
the rooms filled with treasure <and very strong monsters> are great!
I searched the forums, but didnt find a lot of info on the toys that
come from the kinder eggs. Are they for cubing? I have not been able
to get one to transmute with anything. also help me out with the
scrolls you have at the begining. Again for cubing?

One more little note about CE. I spent 7 years in Germany, 5 of those
with my wife<who does not play computer games>. When she saw the kinder
eggs, it really thrilled her. We have some German friends that send us
some of those from time to time. To see them used in a computer game is
really wild! LOL To bad they are not available in the states. :-(

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:12:39 -0500, sidekick
<sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

>I wish I had more time to play! I havent gotten to andariel<sp?> but
>the rooms filled with treasure <and very strong monsters> are great!
>I searched the forums, but didnt find a lot of info on the toys that
>come from the kinder eggs. Are they for cubing? I have not been able
>to get one to transmute with anything. also help me out with the
>scrolls you have at the begining. Again for cubing?

Apparently if you kill the Dark Wanderer in the beginning of Act 3,
you get a doll bag that gains attributes as you put more of them in
it. They're also used in some cube recipes, but in large combinations
(like all of the ones from the first 5 acts). The Horadric Scrolls are
used for your teddy, then the other two are apparently to personalize
items.

>One more little note about CE. I spent 7 years in Germany, 5 of those
>with my wife<who does not play computer games>. When she saw the kinder
>eggs, it really thrilled her. We have some German friends that send us
>some of those from time to time. To see them used in a computer game is
>really wild! LOL To bad they are not available in the states. :-(

They exist in RL? What are they?

ald wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:12:39 -0500, sidekick
> <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:
>

>>I wish I had more time to play! I havent gotten to andariel<sp?> but
>>the rooms filled with treasure <and very strong monsters> are great!
>>I searched the forums, but didnt find a lot of info on the toys that
>>come from the kinder eggs. Are they for cubing? I have not been able
>>to get one to transmute with anything. also help me out with the
>>scrolls you have at the begining. Again for cubing?
>

> Apparently if you kill the Dark Wanderer in the beginning of Act 3,
> you get a doll bag that gains attributes as you put more of them in
> it. They're also used in some cube recipes, but in large combinations
> (like all of the ones from the first 5 acts). The Horadric Scrolls are
> used for your teddy, then the other two are apparently to personalize
> items.

for the teddy found after transmuting the small charm droped by corpsefire?
you put 1 or 2 in the cube with the teddy? seems like I just clicked on
the sm charm to make the teddy.

>>One more little note about CE. I spent 7 years in Germany, 5 of those
>>with my wife<who does not play computer games>. When she saw the kinder
>>eggs, it really thrilled her. We have some German friends that send us
>>some of those from time to time. To see them used in a computer game is
>>really wild! LOL To bad they are not available in the states. :-(
>

> They exist in RL? What are they?

Yes the do exist for real. The only place I have seen them was in
Germany. They are egg shaped hollow chocklet with a plastic
container inside. Open the plastic an you get a small toy. My favorite
was the small plastic Papa Smurf I got in one years ago. He has a
promenant place on my computer monitor! LOL
> ald
> "Knowledge is Power"
> VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
> Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
> Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
> Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
> Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
> Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
> Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
> Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
> Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
> Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
> BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
> Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
> Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
> CotSRSig #16

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:02:57 -0500, sidekick
<sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

>for the teddy found after transmuting the small charm droped by corpsefire?
>you put 1 or 2 in the cube with the teddy? seems like I just clicked on
>the sm charm to make the teddy.

Aye, but if you cube it with a Horadric Scroll, it adds +1 to all
skills.

>Yes the do exist for real. The only place I have seen them was in
>Germany. They are egg shaped hollow chocklet with a plastic
>container inside. Open the plastic an you get a small toy. My favorite
>was the small plastic Papa Smurf I got in one years ago. He has a
>promenant place on my computer monitor! LOL

Sounds cool! Thanks for the info ;-)

~misfit~ wrote:
> sidekick wrote:
>
>>ald wrote:

>>>They exist in RL? What are they?
>>
>>Yes the do exist for real. The only place I have seen them was in
>>Germany. They are egg shaped hollow chocklet with a plastic
>>container inside. Open the plastic an you get a small toy. My
>>favorite was the small plastic Papa Smurf I got in one years ago. He
>>has a promenant place on my computer monitor! LOL
>

> They have some amazing little toys in them, extremely good value. Also, my
> sister tells me that the chocolate is especially formulated for children and
> is as nutritious and healthy as it's possible to make chocolate and still
> have it taste yummy. (She had a child with food 'sensitivities'). The
> chocolate is of the white variety. A huge range of little toys too, you
> could easilly buy 50 and not get the same toy twice. There must be thousands
> of different toys.
> --
> ~misfit~

Yes! We have saved the toys from when we were in Germany<the last time
was in 1992> we have several large jars filled with the toys. But no
more smurfs in them, and they have always been my favorite!
but I dont remember ever seeing one with white chocolate. All the
ones I have seen have normal chocolate

sidekick wrote:
> ald wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:02:57 -0500, sidekick
>> <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:
>>

>>> for the teddy found after transmuting the small charm droped by
>>> corpsefire?
>>> you put 1 or 2 in the cube with the teddy? seems like I just clicked
>>> on the sm charm to make the teddy.
>>

>> Aye, but if you cube it with a Horadric Scroll, it adds +1 to all
>> skills.
>>

>>> Yes the do exist for real. The only place I have seen them was in
>>> Germany. They are egg shaped hollow chocklet with a plastic
>>> container inside. Open the plastic an you get a small toy. My
>>> favorite was the small plastic Papa Smurf I got in one years ago. He
>>> has a promenant place on my computer monitor! LOL
>>

>> Sounds cool! Thanks for the info ;-)
>>
>> Where is the stash in act 2?
nevermind I found it

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"ald" <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 15:12:39 -0500, sidekick
> <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>>I wish I had more time to play! I havent gotten to andariel<sp?> but
>>the rooms filled with treasure <and very strong monsters> are great!
>>I searched the forums, but didnt find a lot of info on the toys that
>>come from the kinder eggs. Are they for cubing? I have not been able
>>to get one to transmute with anything. also help me out with the
>>scrolls you have at the begining. Again for cubing?
>
> Apparently if you kill the Dark Wanderer in the beginning of Act 3,
> you get a doll bag that gains attributes as you put more of them in
> it. They're also used in some cube recipes, but in large combinations
> (like all of the ones from the first 5 acts). The Horadric Scrolls are
> used for your teddy, then the other two are apparently to personalize
> items.

You can also get the doll stash by cubing those 2 Horadric Scrolls along
with Wirt's leg.

> snip<

Jim

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:33:23 GMT, "James" <jayelham@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>You can also get the doll stash by cubing those 2 Horadric Scrolls along
>with Wirt's leg.

>Jim

Ah, ok, I missed that one, thanks :)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 18:39:12 -0500, sidekick
<sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

>>> Where is the stash in act 2?
>nevermind I found it

Still in town, but moved, right? There's also supposed to be another
one, from the hints on the Forum probably somewhere in the Sewers.

I don't know, since the furthest I've gotten so far is the Black Marsh
WP (distractions, now slated to end in roughly 19 hours, gotta kill
all the Murlocs I can before then ;-) ).

ald wrote:

>>nevermind I found it
>

> Still in town, but moved, right? There's also supposed to be another
> one, from the hints on the Forum probably somewhere in the Sewers.
>
> I don't know, since the furthest I've gotten so far is the Black Marsh
> WP (distractions, now slated to end in roughly 19 hours, gotta kill
> all the Murlocs I can before then ;-) ).

There is another one in the sewers! I just found it. Also I was
wondering why drognon was not in town, I found him with the stash in the
sewers. He owns a bar down under! LOL

~misfit~ wrote:
> sidekick wrote:
>
>>~misfit~ wrote:

>>>They have some amazing little toys in them, extremely good value.
>>>Also, my sister tells me that the chocolate is especially formulated
>>>for children and is as nutritious and healthy as it's possible to
>>>make chocolate and still have it taste yummy. (She had a child with
>>>food 'sensitivities'). The chocolate is of the white variety. A huge
>>>range of little toys too, you could easilly buy 50 and not get the
>>>same toy twice. There must be thousands of different toys.
>>>--
>>>~misfit~
>>>

>>Yes! We have saved the toys from when we were in Germany<the last time
>>was in 1992> we have several large jars filled with the toys. But no
>>more smurfs in them, and they have always been my favorite!
>> but I dont remember ever seeing one with white chocolate. All the
>>ones I have seen have normal chocolate
>

> Apparently the ones here in NZ are white chocolate inside, dark chocolate
> coating outside, with a toy in a little plastic egg in the middle. I never
> actually ate one, just bought them for nephews and nieces. And helped put
> the toys together sometimes. I didn't get to even see the chocolate. :-(
> --
> ~misfit~

Now that I think about it, your right they are just as you said. We
only get a few a year, but when we do, we all enjoy them. There is just
something about the chocolate made in Germany. Hershey's just is not
anywhere near as good.

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 23:54:58 -0500, sidekick
<sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

>There is another one in the sewers! I just found it. Also I was
>wondering why drognon was not in town, I found him with the stash in the
>sewers. He owns a bar down under! LOL

Oh, that is great! That's one thing I love about this mod, Chaos
Empire (the author) obviously has a great sense of humor ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

Craig

> One more little note about CE. I spent 7 years in Germany, 5 of those
> with my wife<who does not play computer games>. When she saw the
> kinder eggs, it really thrilled her. We have some German friends
> that send us some of those from time to time. To see them used in a
> computer game is really wild! LOL To bad they are not available in
> the states. :-(

Strange, we have them here in Australia, and that usually means its come
from America or its localy made : /

Craig

~misfit~ wrote:
> Craig wrote:
>
>>>One more little note about CE. I spent 7 years in Germany, 5 of
>>>those with my wife<who does not play computer games>. When she saw
>>>the kinder eggs, it really thrilled her. We have some German friends
>>>that send us some of those from time to time. To see them used in a
>>>computer game is really wild! LOL To bad they are not available in
>>>the states. :-(
>>
>>Strange, we have them here in Australia, and that usually means its
>>come from America or its localy made : /
>

> We also have them in NZ, used to be very popular with my sister and her
> children when they were young 'uns.
> --
> ~misfit~

if they are available here, I have never seen them.

And so it is written, that sidekick coming to a smoldering
shrub, spake these words:
> ~misfit~ wrote:

>>> Strange, we have them here in Australia, and that usually
>>> means its come from America or its localy made : /
>>
>> We also have them in NZ, used to be very popular with my
>> sister and her children when they were young 'uns.
>>
> if they are available here, I have never seen them.

Not legal in the states. They have a foriegn object inside the food.
An american company tried to make a USA approved type. Two chocolate, egg
shaped shells on a plastic "Easter egg" like shell, Open up the plastic egg
and there was a paper toy! Oooo, that was great. No wonder I only bought
one and never saw another again.

-Wailwulf

Who wants real kinder eggs.

Wailwulf wrote:
> And so it is written, that sidekick coming to a smoldering
> shrub, spake these words:
>
>>~misfit~ wrote:

>>>We also have them in NZ, used to be very popular with my
>>>sister and her children when they were young 'uns.
>>>

>>if they are available here, I have never seen them.
>

> Not legal in the states. They have a foriegn object inside the food.
> An american company tried to make a USA approved type. Two chocolate, egg
> shaped shells on a plastic "Easter egg" like shell, Open up the plastic egg
> and there was a paper toy! Oooo, that was great. No wonder I only bought
> one and never saw another again.
>
> -Wailwulf
>
> Who wants real kinder eggs.

The ones from Germany have some really good small toys in them. From
little snap together movers, to solid hard plastic figures.

Craig

>>> I wish I had more time to play! I havent gotten to andariel<sp?>
>>> but the rooms filled with treasure <and very strong monsters> are
>>> great! I searched the forums, but didnt find a lot of info on the
>>> toys that come from the kinder eggs. Are they for cubing? I have
>>> not been able to get one to transmute with anything. also help me
>>> out with the scrolls you have at the begining. Again for cubing?
>>
>> Apparently if you kill the Dark Wanderer in the beginning of Act 3,
>> you get a doll bag that gains attributes as you put more of them in
>> it. They're also used in some cube recipes, but in large combinations
>> (like all of the ones from the first 5 acts). The Horadric Scrolls
>> are used for your teddy, then the other two are apparently to
>> personalize items.
>
> You can also get the doll stash by cubing those 2 Horadric Scrolls
> along with Wirt's leg.

ok, made the book, but can't see any real value in it so-far 10 dolls added
and its gone from 2 poison over 2 seconds to 10 poison over 10 seconds and
+1 find potion
Uber-NOT 8/
Lucky I had over a page of them in my stash to waste

Craig

Craig

>>> Apparently if you kill the Dark Wanderer in the beginning of Act 3,
>>> you get a doll bag that gains attributes as you put more of them in
>>> it. They're also used in some cube recipes, but in large
>>> combinations (like all of the ones from the first 5 acts). The
>>> Horadric Scrolls are used for your teddy, then the other two are
>>> apparently to personalize items.
>>
>> You can also get the doll stash by cubing those 2 Horadric Scrolls
>> along with Wirt's leg.
>>
> ok, made the book, but can't see any real value in it so-far 10 dolls
> added and its gone from 2 poison over 2 seconds to 10 poison over 10
> seconds and +1 find potion
> Uber-NOT 8/
> Lucky I had over a page of them in my stash to waste

Ok, as an experiment I added another 10 with no change in stats, I think its
bugged or something :(

Craig

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:06:48 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
wrote:

>>> You can also get the doll stash by cubing those 2 Horadric Scrolls
>>> along with Wirt's leg.
>>>
>> ok, made the book, but can't see any real value in it so-far 10 dolls
>> added and its gone from 2 poison over 2 seconds to 10 poison over 10
>> seconds and +1 find potion
>> Uber-NOT 8/
>> Lucky I had over a page of them in my stash to waste
>>
>Ok, as an experiment I added another 10 with no change in stats, I think its
>bugged or something :(
>
>Craig

No, keep going, you can apparently get *thousands* of them in there.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

TRENDING THREADS