NTLDR missing !!

Can anyone please help/tell me that why at my system
startup a message is displayed that "NTLDR is missing.
Press any key to restart". And booting fails..Because
after restarting(on pressing any key) the same message is
displayed again and again.. what is the fault and what is
the remedy??
4 answers Last reply
More about ntldr missing

    One cause of the error is having a floppy in the A: drive when botting up.

    --
    David Nimon
    dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca
    "KUNAL K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone please help/tell me that why at my system
    > startup a message is displayed that "NTLDR is missing.
    > Press any key to restart". And booting fails..Because
    > after restarting(on pressing any key) the same message is
    > displayed again and again.. what is the fault and what is
    > the remedy??

    The other cause is that ntldr IS missing.

    There are 3 files to copy to a floppy, they are; boot.ini, ntdetect.com and ntldr. Then if you get that error message - put in the floppy and boot the machine.

    See "Use System Files to Create a Boot Disk to Guard Against Being Unable to Start Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314079".

    --
    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff
    "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:m6OVc.40113$Tr.2058494@news20.bellglobal.com...
    | One cause of the error is having a floppy in the A: drive when botting up.

    visit my website www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net Click the Win XP Faq
    button and take a look at question 37

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
    "KUNAL K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone please help/tell me that why at my system
    > startup a message is displayed that "NTLDR is missing.
    > Press any key to restart". And booting fails..Because
    > after restarting(on pressing any key) the same message is
    > displayed again and again.. what is the fault and what is
    > the remedy??

    Hi John
    Had this very problem a few days ago but when I did the 'Recovery Console'
    thing I entered my password, typed in COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: but got "Access
    is denied" and couldn't go further. In a fit of helplessness, I looked at
    the commands available and typed in fixmbr c: and fixboot c: and the latter
    asked if I really wanted to fix, so I said yes and my machine will re-boot
    by itself, now, although it seems to take longer. Don't know what I did.
    Roy Price

    "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.nospam> wrote in message
    visit my website www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net Click the Win XP Faq
    button and take a look at question 37

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
    "KUNAL K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone please help/tell me that why at my system
    > startup a message is displayed that "NTLDR is missing.
    > Press any key to restart". And booting fails..Because
    > after restarting(on pressing any key) the same message is
    > displayed again and again.. what is the fault and what is
    > the remedy??

Ntldr Microsoft Windows XP