Siphen

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2002
I presently own a RAIDON 9700 PRO, which I have problems with in specific DirectX games, I have talked with ATI about the issue and from all the information I have gathered the problem could be a compatibility issue with my motherboard’s Chipset. I haven’t done enough testing as of yet to confirm if this might be true. Once I have confirmed it the only real fix that might come up to me is waiting for a BIOS update or go off and get another motherboard that would not give me any compatibility problems. Let me 1st give the basic specs of the parts in my system.

ABIT KT7A-RAID MB "100/133MHz, 1x/2x/4x AGP"
AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 "100mhz FSB, NOT 133 FSB"
512MB "2 256 PC100 Memory sticks"

The problem with the card and directx is that in specific software/games that use directx, it tends to lock the system up completely, some times right away or 1-20 min into the program/game. Specific games include Warcraft3, Everquest, and a number of others. Some games that use Directx like NOLF2 work just fine even after hours of non-stop play.

The big question is if I'm going to go for a quick fix "obtain another motherboard with another chipset" to fix this issue, which motherboard can/should I get for my current configuration. I don’t want to presently get another processor or ram, I plan on obtaining a Hammer when AMD finally starts shipping them, so I'm looking in the range of spending 100-200$ just for a motherboard that will support my current setup and then be replaced a few months later by a new motherboard when I upgrade the system entirely, "new motherboard /memory/prossesor".

Thanks for your time =),

Jeremy

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had similar problems with ATI. I found that if I removed the card from PCI slot 3, the problem would go away. I was using an Asus A7V133. Try removing all the PCI cards and see if the problem persists.
The funny thing was that PCI slot 3 wasn't even sharing IRQ settings with anything, so I don't know why there was a problem with it. Also, it only caused problems with my ATI device and no others.

Good luck.

<i>Speed doesn't kill,</i> <b>lag does.</b> :cool: James