My first Ist

Last response: in Video Games
February 6, 2005 9:28:01 PM

Finally, I got a character to Hell hellforge on her own (the
firestrafer). She had a hell of work with Hephasto, though, as he was
PI, stone skin (and Inner Sight obviously cannot cancel this - wish it
did) AND fire immune.

So no strafing worked, and my Blood Ravens Charge was worthless. I had
to resort to the Magic Arrow of my Mavinas Caster. At least it worked.
After risking a severe RSI syndrome, he dropped dead. I went to the
forge, did the obvious, and two flawless and a perfect Emerald dropped,
and this IST.

Now is the question: Should I put it into that into the ethereal Ali
Baba I found last year in mid september, or is there something better to
use it in? Mind, this is Single Player.

(wanders off, considering the possibility that this Ali Baba might be a
magic finder for a trapassin with blade fury, perhaps...)

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

--
Patriarch Antenagenes, lvl89 SP Skelliemancer, might merc
Champion Fuchsia, lvl82 SP Firestrafer, conc merc (always dieing)

More about : ist

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 11:31:36 PM

Hi,

Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in

> Now is the question: Should I put it into that into the ethereal Ali
> Baba I found last year in mid september, or is there something better
> use it in? Mind, this is Single Player.
>
> (wanders off, considering the possibility that this Ali Baba might be a
> magic finder for a trapassin with blade fury, perhaps...)

I just checked the runeword finder (enter your runes and it shows all
possible runewords) here:

http://bandersnatch.org/rwg/rwg.py?node=home

Chains of Honor: DOL UM BER IST
Delirium : LEM IST IO

If you can wait for the BER, I'D save the IST for CoH. OTOH, Delirium
beats most of the runewords hands-down with the highest rune needed being
an IST.

I'm already saving all barb hats with 3 sockets for my next IST. Even as
I already have a Delirium in a tiara for my mercs. With Terror and
Confusion constantly going off, crowd control never is a problem.

Remember, if you can't kill 'em, you'll never MF 'em.

Finally, you could save the IST for making a GUL with a second IST...

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:31:59 AM

On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...

> OTOH, Delirium
> beats most of the runewords hands-down with the highest rune needed being
> an IST.

That's an option as a single player, I'll never come to see any ber
(except by cheating), so the Delirium should be the way to go. Thanks
for the reminder.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.
February 7, 2005 9:29:49 AM

> On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...
>
>> OTOH, Delirium
>> beats most of the runewords hands-down with the highest rune needed
>> being an IST.
>
> That's an option as a single player, I'll never come to see any ber
> (except by cheating), so the Delirium should be the way to go. Thanks
> for the reminder.

so far, I had been putting the Delirium on my mercs, but found that it
works even better when I wear it myself. Throwbarbs tend to stay away
from the trouble, and with "when struck" the delirium (morph) spell fires
only very rarely.

Your strafer should activate the Confusion spell quite often, as it has
11% chance to cast on striking.

Have fun,

Oliver
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 1:47:00 PM

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in
>
> > On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...
> >
> >> so far, I had been putting the Delirium on my mercs, but found
that
> >> it works even better when I wear it myself. Throwbarbs tend to
stay
> >> away from the trouble, and with "when struck" the delirium (morph)
> >> spell fires only very rarely.
> >
> > I'll have to make one first. Yesterday, I couldn't believe my eyes.

> > While clearing the sanctuary, one of these nasty skeletons (Abyss
or
> > Oblivion, can't tell which) Dropped a golden Flying Axe. So the
> > equipmet is complete for a throwbarb.
>
> don't get me started on Throwbarbs. My second one is coming along
nicely
> at level 81 and is currently starting Canyon of the Magi in Hell
Act2.

> For a change, he has a Holy Freeze Merc and that works quite well,
too.

> Just don't go for Double Swing as secondary attack. It just doesn't
do
> enough damage.. Conc with a single point and 5 points in Axe Mastery
have
> been very good so far on my second thrower - Battle Orders is a very
nice
> synergy to Conc.
>
> And don't forget to get a Reaper's Toll for your merc. I never leave
camp
> without it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver Wenzel Holmes??

Actually, the best throwbarb I have uses 2 Gimmershreds and has Frenzy
as his backup. A wonderful combo that can lay waste to just about
everything around.

Mickey
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 7:48:34 PM

On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...

> so far, I had been putting the Delirium on my mercs, but found that it
> works even better when I wear it myself. Throwbarbs tend to stay away
> from the trouble, and with "when struck" the delirium (morph) spell fires
> only very rarely.

I'll have to make one first. Yesterday, I couldn't believe my eyes.
While clearing the sanctuary, one of these nasty skeletons (Abyss or
Oblivion, can't tell which) Dropped a golden Flying Axe. So the equipmet
is complete for a throwbarb.

I was so happy that I forgot to look at the life bowl while fighting
Diablo, staring too much of the one pixel life bar of the Dog, though.
Bummer. My character did so well, and then she dies in the last moment
when she was about to kill him, only because of negligence, her belt
still equipped with full rejuvs. I was really annoyed having to retrieve
her. Can anybody please give ma kick for doing that? No assys, please.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 9:59:18 PM

Hi,

Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in

> On that special day, Oliver Wenzel, (ouuch@t-online.de) said...
>
>> so far, I had been putting the Delirium on my mercs, but found that
>> it works even better when I wear it myself. Throwbarbs tend to stay
>> away from the trouble, and with "when struck" the delirium (morph)
>> spell fires only very rarely.
>
> I'll have to make one first. Yesterday, I couldn't believe my eyes.
> While clearing the sanctuary, one of these nasty skeletons (Abyss or
> Oblivion, can't tell which) Dropped a golden Flying Axe. So the
> equipmet is complete for a throwbarb.

don't get me started on Throwbarbs. My second one is coming along nicely
at level 81 and is currently starting Canyon of the Magi in Hell Act2.

For a change, he has a Holy Freeze Merc and that works quite well, too.

Just don't go for Double Swing as secondary attack. It just doesn't do
enough damage.. Conc with a single point and 5 points in Axe Mastery have
been very good so far on my second thrower - Battle Orders is a very nice
synergy to Conc.

And don't forget to get a Reaper's Toll for your merc. I never leave camp
without it.

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 1:35:34 AM

Hi,

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1107802020.346203.209140
@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Actually, the best throwbarb I have uses 2 Gimmershreds and has Frenzy
> as his backup. A wonderful combo that can lay waste to just about
> everything around.

Gimmers are nice, but my current thrower uses a crafted and a rare flying
axe with +AR based on char level (about 1300 AR at level 81) and about 240
and 272 max throwing damage.
That gives about 9500 AR with only one point in Double Throw.

Decrep from Reaper's takes care of most PI's, and if that isn't enough, I
have a Kingslayer axe on switch for Conc or Vengeance attacks. 3 points in
Conc and 7 in Axe mastery work quite well so far (end of Act2 Hell).

Regards,

Oliver
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 9:48:06 AM

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1107802020.346203.209140
> @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
> >
> > Actually, the best throwbarb I have uses 2 Gimmershreds and has
Frenzy
> > as his backup. A wonderful combo that can lay waste to just about
> > everything around.
>
> Gimmers are nice, but my current thrower uses a crafted and a rare
flying
> axe with +AR based on char level (about 1300 AR at level 81) and
about 240
> and 272 max throwing damage.
> That gives about 9500 AR with only one point in Double Throw.
>
> Decrep from Reaper's takes care of most PI's, and if that isn't
enough, I
> have a Kingslayer axe on switch for Conc or Vengeance attacks. 3
points in
> Conc and 7 in Axe mastery work quite well so far (end of Act2 Hell).

Ah, but you should see how they throw when they get frenzied up all the
way. Talk about spitting death :)

Mickey
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 10:10:18 AM

Hah, you are lucky!

My first IST was in non-ladder.

And if I dont find one in Ladder that delerium I want to make will ahve
to wait until the next reset.

Orion Ryder
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:23:17 PM

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1107874086.504128.78590
> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
> >
> > Ah, but you should see how they throw when they get frenzied up all
the
> > way. Talk about spitting death :)
>
> to be honest, I've tried Frenzy with my other throwbarb a few times
and
> didn't really like it. Run forward for the first Frenzy attack or
two, and
> then fall back to start throwing - that just doesn't fit my playing
style.
> And the duration is quite short - 6 seconds at level 10? So I'll need
about
> 2 seconds to fall back and re-orientate me.
>
> Just my $0.02,

For a pure thrower, you're probably right. Mine is sort of a hybrind.
He will frenzy anything around him, and throw at those monsters with
ranged attacks, like gloams or archers.

Mickey
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 8:51:47 PM