NinjaPleez

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2002
I cannot get this board to boot unless i hold Insert while it trys to boot. This resets the board to the default setting so me athlon 2400+ runs at 1800+ no matter wha i change in the bios it still will not boot unless i hold insert so i never see the speed of my 2400. i have 1 stick of corsair xms 3500 ddr and a Radeon 9700 pro. I have the ram clocked at 400mhz and i have already flashed the bios and made it set to 2400+(133) but as soon as i reboot nothing happens and i have to try again while holding insert then you know what happens. Ive already cleared cmos a millions times and did it with the battery out also. Still no luck PLEASE HELP!

delpart

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
You may have to get another CMOS chip or have it reset. First, start by setting it to default. If you are still having problems, that may be the culprit. If you don't have an OS on your HDD, try reformatting it (you may have to anyway). It could be that when you flashed the BIOS, you got a corrupted copy. This is one of the major downfalls of flashing. If you have the old version of your BIOS saved on floppy, you can simply restore it. You should NEVER flash your BIOS without good reason. Simply flashing for the sake of updating is NOT a good reason. Good reasons are to fix a recurring motherboard problem that is BIOS related, increasing the CPU speed or other area if you REQUIRE it, and when directed by technical support. If you were doing anything else while getting the new flash program or had any processes running in the backgroud, the new BIOS update may have been corrupted.

en Xristos