I have a web site and I want to build it, is Frontpage a good application for
this? or is there an easier software for this?

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 06:05:01 -0700, jiggz wrote:

> I have a web site and I want to build it, is Frontpage a good application for
> this? or is there an easier software for this?

Many options available for authoring websites including the very simple
Notepad program. FrontPage is especially useful if your host supports
FrontPage extensions - I like it and use it.

There is a newsgroup for this product on the MS servers where you can
obtain more specific information about the workings of Front Page.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

I used FrontPage to build my website www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net This
is the first website I have 'ever' created. At the time it was created I
also had no programming knowledge. to be honest I am very pleased with how
things turned out.
Obviously, as Sharon has pointed out, your host does need to run FrontPage
server extensions - well theoretically, anyway. My hosting company,
glowinternet, doesn't support FrontPage extensions and, I think you will
agree, my site seems ok. If you need to add a visitor counter (FrontPage has
the option to insert a counter) then choose one from www.bravenet.com
Unfortunately, if your host doesn't support FrontPage extensions the
FrontPage counter will not work - hence the suggestion to use bravenet. To
be honest bravenet have some very useful, and free, web tools. You'll need
to register but that is easy enough.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert