how to install an OS under virtual PC

Hi,
I'm checking an evaluation copy of Virtual PC. I want to
install MS-DOS 6.22. After creating the console and the
virtual disk, the system asks for a "bootable media".
Inserting the corresponding diskette of DOS installation
(which includes autoexec.bat because is disk #1), the
resulting message is "not bootable media".
I tried with an startup disk of windows 98. DOS is
loaded, but I suppose in the virtual RAM disk so when
executing autoexec.bat from the installation diskette,
the answer is "invalis OS".
Any help will be appreciated
Ramon
rnovoa@ya.com

Hi

Please try the Virtual PC News Group:

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Ramón Nóvoa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm checking an evaluation copy of Virtual PC. I want to
> install MS-DOS 6.22. After creating the console and the
> virtual disk, the system asks for a "bootable media".
> Inserting the corresponding diskette of DOS installation
> (which includes autoexec.bat because is disk #1), the
> resulting message is "not bootable media".
> I tried with an startup disk of windows 98. DOS is
> loaded, but I suppose in the virtual RAM disk so when
> executing autoexec.bat from the installation diskette,
> the answer is "invalis OS".
> Any help will be appreciated
> Ramon
> rnovoa@ya.com