how to install an OS under virtual PC

Hi,
I'm checking an evaluation copy of Virtual PC. I want to
install MS-DOS 6.22. After creating the console and the
virtual disk, the system asks for a "bootable media".
Inserting the corresponding diskette of DOS installation
(which includes autoexec.bat because is disk #1), the
resulting message is "not bootable media".
I tried with an startup disk of windows 98. DOS is
loaded, but I suppose in the virtual RAM disk so when
executing autoexec.bat from the installation diskette,
the answer is "invalis OS".
Any help will be appreciated
Ramon
rnovoa@ya.com
1 answer Last reply
More about install virtual

    Hi

    Please try the Virtual PC News Group:

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Ramón Nóvoa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm checking an evaluation copy of Virtual PC. I want to
    > install MS-DOS 6.22. After creating the console and the
    > virtual disk, the system asks for a "bootable media".
    > Inserting the corresponding diskette of DOS installation
    > (which includes autoexec.bat because is disk #1), the
    > resulting message is "not bootable media".
    > I tried with an startup disk of windows 98. DOS is
    > loaded, but I suppose in the virtual RAM disk so when
    > executing autoexec.bat from the installation diskette,
    > the answer is "invalis OS".
    > Any help will be appreciated
    > Ramon
    > rnovoa@ya.com