Wireless printing with network ready printer

I would like to print to a network ready printer (it has an ethernet
port and you can configure it with an IP) through a wireless network.

I have a wireless router.
I have a lexmark printer with LAN card installed.

I would like to print with my wireless connection.

What is the easiest way to do this?

I purchased the Dlink USB print server but I dont think this is the
solution.

any help with my configuration woes?

thanks

Bryan Vekovius

does your wireless router have ethernet ports? most do. if so connect one of
them to the printer.

jtm

"Jim Miller" <jim@NOSPAMjtmiller.com> wrote:
>does your wireless router have ethernet ports? most do. if so connect one of
>them to the printer.

It's not clear if he wants to be able to print from a wireless
(laptop) computer, or he wants to avoid running network wires to the
printer.

If the latter, he could use a wireless->Ethernet bridge to connect his
network printer to his network.

I'm guessing it's the former (as Jim surmised), in which case
connecting it to his wired LAN is the best solution.

--
William Smith

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 08:19:04 -0400, William P.N. Smith wrote:

>"Jim Miller" <jim@NOSPAMjtmiller.com> wrote:
>>does your wireless router have ethernet ports? most do. if so connect one of
>>them to the printer.
>
>It's not clear if he wants to be able to print from a wireless
>(laptop) computer, or he wants to avoid running network wires to the
>printer.
>
>If the latter, he could use a wireless->Ethernet bridge to connect his
>network printer to his network.

There is one of these on Ebay right now (not me selling)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44996&item=5113841401&rd=1

"Bryan Vekovius" <bryanv@sport.rr.com> wrote in message
> I would like to print to a network ready printer (it has an ethernet
> port and you can configure it with an IP) through a wireless network.
>
> I have a wireless router.
> I have a lexmark printer with LAN card installed.
>
> I would like to print with my wireless connection.
>
> What is the easiest way to do this?
>
> I purchased the Dlink USB print server but I dont think this is the
> solution.
>
> any help with my configuration woes?
>
> thanks
>
> Bryan Vekovius

What you want is sometimes called a Wireless Gaming Adapter and sometimes
called a Wireless Ethernet Adapter. Look at Belkin, Netgear, DLink, Linksys
(in no special order).

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

William P.N. Smith wrote in message news:<mb6ch01d8gr93moc72fd9oka1mhlcenokj@4ax.com>...
> "Jim Miller" <jim@NOSPAMjtmiller.com> wrote:
> >does your wireless router have ethernet ports? most do. if so connect one of
> >them to the printer.
>
> It's not clear if he wants to be able to print from a wireless
> (laptop) computer, or he wants to avoid running network wires to the
> printer.
>
> If the latter, he could use a wireless->Ethernet bridge to connect his
> network printer to his network.
>
> I'm guessing it's the former (as Jim surmised), in which case
> connecting it to his wired LAN is the best solution.

Thanks for the help!!

I actually didn't word it correctly--

I have a wireless router and the printer is hooked up with an ethernet
cord right now. The room the printer is in is powered on one circuit
(which also powers about 5 other rooms--old house) and the printer
resets my computer and dims the lights (also killed my SMART UPS 1000)
when it fires up. I need to move it to another place and I wanted to
do this without running any wires.

this explains better- but you already gave me the answer -- a wireless
> ethernet bridge.

thanks.

Bryan Vekovius