Format Terminated..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I've got a WDC HD of 40GB and a Seagate HD of 20GB in my
system. Out of these 2 HDs, the seagate HD partitions are
not being formatted (format is getting terminated after 37
% is completed,displaying a message "drive not ready") in
DOS using format command, but the same are formatable from
within within windows explorer by rightclick on partitions
& format.. Why cant i format the seagate HD partitions
from DOS while the other HD (WDC) doesn't have any problem
like that???
& what is meant by LBA??
Please advice..
Regards,
Kunal.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

LBA (large Block Access) their some limitation in which hd are not fully
recognized
in bios this speciaaly ocurrs in old motherboards like i810 and os like
windows 98 and me XP sp1 even had limit of 137 gb of hdd at max . issues cann
be siolved with bios upgrades

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Another problem. This one doesn't appear to be one, just an inquiry. Try
Google.com for "LBA".