What is the best plan Verizon ever had?

cheryl

Was it the Airtouch powerband plan?
When digital first came out $50 for was it 1000 or 2000 min?

Or was it a single rate west type of plan?
I'm sure a "best plan included 7pm n&w with fimf (first incoming
minute free)

Share a little history.

Cheryl

Scott

The "best" for me (smiling) was about 15/16 years ago or so with Verizon,
then Bell Atlantic or Bell Atlantic-Nynex, I don't remember. My monthly
charges were about $1k because everyting outside of your "home area"
(typically a county or two)was roaming. What did you get for the
ridiculous amont of money every month?

1) Usually no fast busy (system overload) signals when attempting to make
a call.

2) When you went into the store (not a kiosk) you got SERVICE as a loyal
and valued customer versus today when EVERY provider only cares about new
activations and/or contract renewals.

3)You had a phone that was mounted in your car with a speaker phone for
safer driving and a phone that did not become obsolte every three to six
months.

4) You got through a movie, dinner in a restaurant or a play without every
other persons cell phone going off because at best people like me had
pagers which vibrated for an "urgent" call.

Yes I understand that today's cell phones do offer us more mobility,
safety (not in cars!) and technology advances, but personally, I'd trade
my current $200 a month bill of today and pay another $800 a month to gain
back the previously mentioned items, especially customer service!

Well two years ago around Christmas I signed up for a $39 1000 minute
anytime plan with NO domestic long distance charges. Still seems quite
reasonable. No free nights and weekends though. I think they always do that
promotion around Christmas.

Ty

"Scott" <scottg@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The "best" for me (smiling) was about 15/16 years ago or so with Verizon,
> then Bell Atlantic or Bell Atlantic-Nynex, I don't remember. My monthly
> charges were about $1k because everyting outside of your "home area"
> (typically a county or two)was roaming. What did you get for the
> ridiculous amont of money every month?
>
> 1) Usually no fast busy (system overload) signals when attempting to make
> a call.
>
> 2) When you went into the store (not a kiosk) you got SERVICE as a loyal
> and valued customer versus today when EVERY provider only cares about new
> activations and/or contract renewals.
>
> 3)You had a phone that was mounted in your car with a speaker phone for
> safer driving and a phone that did not become obsolte every three to six
> months.
>
> 4) You got through a movie, dinner in a restaurant or a play without every
> other persons cell phone going off because at best people like me had
> pagers which vibrated for an "urgent" call.
>
> Yes I understand that today's cell phones do offer us more mobility,
> safety (not in cars!) and technology advances, but personally, I'd trade
> my current $200 a month bill of today and pay another $800 a month to gain
> back the previously mentioned items, especially customer service!

I miss the good old days too..! I remember Customer Service. Those were
the days..!

> Share a little history.

For a LONG time I had a $10 plan which had 15 peak, 100 off peak minutes.
Perfect for the infrequent user like me.

_KC_

"cheryl" <cheryl-no-spam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Was it the Airtouch powerband plan?
> When digital first came out $50 for was it 1000 or 2000 min?
>
> Or was it a single rate west type of plan?
> I'm sure a "best plan included 7pm n&w with fimf (first incoming
> minute free)
>
> Share a little history.
>
> Cheryl

$50/month Unlimited minutes for my area. I know at least 6 people that
still have it. A couple of them average 5-6k mins/month on it, so they get
their moneys worth.

KC

On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:51:40 -0400, Scott <scottg@nospam.com> wrote:

>2) When you went into the store (not a kiosk) you got SERVICE as a loyal
>and valued customer versus today when EVERY provider only cares about new
>activations and/or contract renewals.

Store? I remember the GTE MobileNet reps calling on me at my office
back in 1987. If you needed something, you called them and they came
to you. But then, I'm old enough to remember a doctor making a house
call when I was sick.:)

Scott

On Wed, 19 May 2004 00:21:06 -0400, The Ghost of General Lee
<ghost@general.lee> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:51:40 -0400, Scott <scottg@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> 2) When you went into the store (not a kiosk) you got SERVICE as a loyal
>> and valued customer versus today when EVERY provider only cares about
>> new
>> activations and/or contract renewals.
>
> Store? I remember the GTE MobileNet reps calling on me at my office
> back in 1987. If you needed something, you called them and they came
> to you.

You know, now that you mention it, I recall this also. The Cellular One
and/or Bell Atlanitc (Nynex) reps were eager to visit even for just 2
activations!

> But then, I'm old enough to remember a doctor making a house
> call when I was sick.:)

Me too...damn I feel old now :-((

_KC_

> On Wed, 19 May 2004 00:21:06 -0400, The Ghost of General Lee
> <ghost@general.lee> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:51:40 -0400, Scott <scottg@nospam.com> wrote:
> >
> >> 2) When you went into the store (not a kiosk) you got SERVICE as a
loyal
> >> and valued customer versus today when EVERY provider only cares about
> >> new
> >> activations and/or contract renewals.
> >
> > Store? I remember the GTE MobileNet reps calling on me at my office
> > back in 1987. If you needed something, you called them and they came
> > to you.
>
> You know, now that you mention it, I recall this also. The Cellular One
> and/or Bell Atlanitc (Nynex) reps were eager to visit even for just 2
> activations!

Made a heck of alot more money back then on activations too though. I would
be happy to make house calls if money was good. :)

KC

Robert

That was Bell Atlantic Mobile

Yes, the good old days..29.95 for 30 minutes/month

"Breezy" <suziq4you2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Scott" <scottg@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > The "best" for me (smiling) was about 15/16 years ago or so with
Verizon,
> > then Bell Atlantic or Bell Atlantic-Nynex, I don't remember. My monthly
> > charges were about $1k because everyting outside of your "home area"
> > (typically a county or two)was roaming. What did you get for the
> > ridiculous amont of money every month?
> >
> > 1) Usually no fast busy (system overload) signals when attempting to
make
> > a call.
> >
> > 2) When you went into the store (not a kiosk) you got SERVICE as a loyal
> > and valued customer versus today when EVERY provider only cares about
new
> > activations and/or contract renewals.
> >
> > 3)You had a phone that was mounted in your car with a speaker phone for
> > safer driving and a phone that did not become obsolte every three to six
> > months.
> >
> > 4) You got through a movie, dinner in a restaurant or a play without
every
> > other persons cell phone going off because at best people like me had
> > pagers which vibrated for an "urgent" call.
> >
> > Yes I understand that today's cell phones do offer us more mobility,
> > safety (not in cars!) and technology advances, but personally, I'd trade
> > my current $200 a month bill of today and pay another $800 a month to
gain
> > back the previously mentioned items, especially customer service!
>
> I miss the good old days too..! I remember Customer Service. Those
were
> the days..!

_KC_

"John Harlow" <sirsausage@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Share a little history.
>
> For a LONG time I had a $10 plan which had 15 peak, 100 off peak minutes.
> Perfect for the infrequent user like me.

You can still get a $15 50/250 plan if you are a current customer and call
in and request it. Called "saver" plan.

KC

TRENDING THREADS