Volume mixer hardware


So I am not too sure where this belongs but I am using windows 7 so I will ask here :)

So I am a gamer and I frequently have many things running while I am gaming (iTunes, chatting software, game music) and I noticed I can adjust the sound to each program individually through the volume mixer.

My question is, is there any hardware with multiple knobs/sliders that I can assign programs to that is a physical piece of hardware and sits on my desk that I can use to adjust the different program volume? Not software :) preferably USB but I will take anything. I have done a bit of research and cannot find anything that fits what I need.

2 answers Last reply
More about volume mixer hardware
  1. Sounds like you are describing a programmable mixer. You might find something at:


    that meets yours interest. A quick scan, on my part and I am definitely not an expert on this particular subject, but I do mix for my daughter who is a musician, indicates it may be possible, but is likely to be expensive.

    Good luck!
  2. Oh wow I see what you mean by expensive.

    Thank you for your reply!
Ask a new question

Read More

Hardware Software Windows 7