help with BioShock Audio

lennyx

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
just got the game / and have a new pc...
soudn works in the main menu and first cut scene, after the crash, during gameplay, so sound?? :ange:

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've had trouble with BS on Vista. What OS are you using? Running Vista in "XP SP2 compatability" mode solved the sound issues for me.

In addition to sound problems the game crashed frequently on startup and lost all custom setting as well. I switched off the "Aero" interface in favor of "Basic" and now the game starts quicker and has not crashed since I made the change.

The games seems to be running solid now. Time will tell, I only made the changes yesterday.

BS is a pretty darn cool game once it is running good.

lennyx

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
"Aero" interface in favor of "Basic?

what you mean

right now, the game starts in a small window and most of the time crashes, too,

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Vista has a fancy 3d desktop called Aero that uses the 3d part of a video card.
Older versions of Windows are 2d only (flat).

You can revert to a "2d" desktop by switching from "Aero" to "Basic".
This tells you how to do it:

http://www.vistaclues.com/turn-off-the-fancy-windows-vista-aero-interface/

Example of Aero:
Vista_Flip_3d.png

ph0ny0n

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008

How do you do that?

Right Click the Program Icon, properties - Select the Compatibility Mode tab in th epop up menu, click the checkbox in the top/center. then use the Drop Down to choose which mode.

Wernern_16

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Hi there

I know it's been a while since this forum was open, but i'm facing the same problem. The sound works just fine until the crash and the Bioshock "logo" disappears. I currently have the beta version of windows 7, do you think that this could be the issue.

Greetings

an troubled gamer

xXxPIKULxXx

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
i have windows vista 64 bit
6 gb ram
600 gb hard drive
pentium dual core processors
geforce 8600 video card
running the downloaded version

the game menu and first video had sound but one the bioshock sign came up with the water dripping off of it the sound stopped. all drivers are updated. i tried switching the compatibility to windows xp sp2 and the sound started to work but now the game is windowed and the edges get cut off.

G

who have real tek on board ?
so in windows vistas (64) goto /start /konfigu /sound /record /stereomix /enebel /.
in game go to /
opsions / sound /use reverb off /use creative eax off audio /than restard. game.

ok and vga is ....

vga / turn win background to ( 1024x768.depends of jour pc) to 16 bits .
in the game in enything jou wand end kan do whit jour pc .
sorry vor my poor lengwitsh ha ha lol .
i hoope enywan have some good ad this .
my pc con fig is .....
aser aspire whit a/ i7 procecor / 6 ghz onboard memddr3 /1ghrdati radeon ddr3 vga / and / 1000gig hd /for me it workt !!.
so i hoope eny wan have somthing from this .afz dre

G

sory steriomix / =/ able......../ and the whole thing /and then it works ...
greedings drê .^_^.

NTG

Distinguished
May 31, 2009

Hi Lakedude

I am currently running Win7 RC 64bit and also had the same sound issue, As soon as the plane crashed my soud went dead.

I installed windows virtual pc and virtual windows win xp. I installed the game on the virtual pc and placed the shortcut in the program files open to all users.

All I get is "Bioshock cannot be launched from a remote session".

How did you get it to work or have I done it wrong?
Note: I purchased the game through steam. I dont know if this makes any difference.

Does anyone have any tips?

igot2board

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Hey Everone, I found a solution that at least worked for me, i was having the same issue that everyone else is posting with no sound for bioshock. it sounds weird but all i had to do to fix the issue is plug something into my microphone port. i just plugged a pair of headphones into it and it the sound starting working. sounds strange but it worked for me. hope this helps someone.

G

this worked for me too!!!!!!!!!!!!

franed

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Hy, this is a copy from another forum, its work for me

.....Open start, than Controll panel, Sound, Than recording( My OS is set to norwegian so i don't know exactly the name of the menu, but it is the one in the middle and it has options with recording) In the recording window there will be a few options, right-click in the background of the window and press "Show offline units" (again i have norwegian OS don't know exactly what it says" press "Show offline units and you will have a new option called something like Stereo Mix. Enable Stereo Mix, and hopefully it will work.....

With "Audio CD", make the same thing.

Bluegod

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

NTG,

i too have windows 7 RC and had the same sound issue. i tired starting the game with Xp SP2 but then it wouldnt start at all. did you find a solution?

G

This worked for me also.

Eh!
That's exactly the problem: stereo mixing goes ON when plugging microphone, you can do that also in the Control Panel without plugging in the mic.. See my link above.

badzombie

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

i did this all it gave me was some new plasmids it did nothing for the sound problem