How do I get rid of an "Auto Start" task

I installed SP2 on my Windows XP Home Edition. Since doing so, whenever I
click on a icon to start some program, a Windows installer window opens that
says it is trying to install Money 2002. It eventually asks me for the CD.
Since Money 2002 was working fine (and I can't find a CD it likes (it came
pre installed on my Gateway and I can not locate a CD)) I cancel the install,
but it immediately restarts. If I continually click cancel, I can sometimes
have Money 2002 to start successfully, but the installer keeps trying to run.
I can use the Money 2002 program, but after a while the installer says it
was unsuccessful, and the Money 2002 program ends.

I tried the System restore (several times, backing up to a week ago. THe
SP2 install is no longer on the machine but this installer behavior remains.

I went to control panel, ....scheduled tasks but the only things there are
the virus scanner, pop up blocker and other things I want.

Since this problem seems to occur when I click on a startup icon, I am
thinking that something has been set to automatically start "before" a
program starts.

Any help will be much appreciated.

BTW, I downloaded a copy of Money 20904, trial, and it seems to work. I am
guessing that I will need to reapply SP2 and then buy Money 2004 and
uninstall Money 2002. ANy thoughts on this will also be appreciated.

Thanks.

The installer files may have become corrupt. Money will be on your recovery disk(s)
that came with your computer.
The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed" error message when you try to
install Money
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873280&Product=mny2002

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP