SP2 update

Ron

I have Windows Update set to automatically update but it hasn't yet updated
to SP2 even though my computer has been on and connected to the internet at
the scheduled time.

Everything seems to be ready according to the Windows update page but no
update yet.

Is this a matter of having to have patience or is there something that I
should be doing to initiate the process?

Firewall is operational, anti-virus program is up-to-date, auto update is
turned on.
--

Ron P

Sometimes you're the windshield:)
Sometimes you're the bug:(

The reason you have not seen the update for SP2 may depend on the version of
Windows XP you are using. Microsoft is doing a phased release of SP2. The
schedule is as follows:

8/6 - Release to manufacturing

8/9 - Release to Microsoft Download Center (full network installation
package)

8/9 - Release to MSDN subscription site (CD ISO image)

8/10 - Release to Automatic Update (for machines running pre-release
versions of Windows XP SP2 only)

8/16 - Release to Software Update Services

8/18 - Release to Automatic Update for users running Windows XP Home Edition
only

8/25 - Release to Automatic Update for all Windows XP users including those
running Windows XP Professional Edition
8/25 - Release to Windows Update for interactive user installations
Please do not send email directly to this alias as it is used for newsgroup
participation only.
"Ron" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows Update set to automatically update but it hasn't yet
updated
> to SP2 even though my computer has been on and connected to the internet
at
> the scheduled time.
>
> Everything seems to be ready according to the Windows update page but no
> update yet.
>
> Is this a matter of having to have patience or is there something that I
> should be doing to initiate the process?
>
> Firewall is operational, anti-virus program is up-to-date, auto update is
> turned on.
> --
>
> Ron P
>
> Sometimes you're the windshield:)
> Sometimes you're the bug:(

Hi

Patience - there is a 'queue' for SP2. It will be downloaded to your PC,
but you may have to wait for some time.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Ron" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Update set to automatically update but it hasn't yet updated
> to SP2 even though my computer has been on and connected to the internet
> at
> the scheduled time.
>
> Everything seems to be ready according to the Windows update page but no
> update yet.
>
> Is this a matter of having to have patience or is there something that I
> should be doing to initiate the process?
>
> Firewall is operational, anti-virus program is up-to-date, auto update is
> turned on.
> --
>
> Ron P
>
> Sometimes you're the windshield:)
> Sometimes you're the bug:(

Ron

Thanks, I will be patient then.
--

> Hi
>
> Patience - there is a 'queue' for SP2. It will be downloaded to your PC,
> but you may have to wait for some time.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Ron" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message
> >I have Windows Update set to automatically update but it hasn't yet
updated
> > to SP2 even though my computer has been on and connected to the internet
> > at
> > the scheduled time.
> >
> > Everything seems to be ready according to the Windows update page but no
> > update yet.
> >
> > Is this a matter of having to have patience or is there something that I
> > should be doing to initiate the process?
> >
> > Firewall is operational, anti-virus program is up-to-date, auto update
is
> > turned on.
> > --
> >
> > Ron P
> >
> > Sometimes you're the windshield:)
> > Sometimes you're the bug:(

<lol> I should have taken you up on that offer Will, still waiting for my
other friend. I did have WU notify me it was ready for download on the
morning of the 19th but told it to go away <g>
Joan

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> Patience - there is a 'queue' for SP2. It will be downloaded to your
> PC, but you may have to wait for some time.

Hi Joan

The offer is still open.

--

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> <lol> I should have taken you up on that offer Will, still waiting for my
> other friend. I did have WU notify me it was ready for download on the
> morning of the 19th but told it to go away <g>
> Joan
>
> Will Denny wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Patience - there is a 'queue' for SP2. It will be downloaded to your
>> PC, but you may have to wait for some time.

papa

Hi Ron. Actually you should be patient NOW, not then.

Sorry, couldn't resist the play on words. ;>)