Backing Up Email

pop

There is a freebie called OE Freebie Backup that works
great, from Powerdesk. Google for it and check it out.
Does address book, favorites, etc. etc.

Pop

"Joy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does one back up email in outlook express? Thanks

There is a third party application called ABF Outlook express which will
backup your emails etc. the only problem is it isn't free. It costs $29.95.
An alternative is to move your outlook express folder to another partition.
Obviously if you don't have another partition on your hard drive you will
need to create one using Administrative tools>computer management.
To move the file open outlook express and then click Tools on the main menu.
Select options. From the options window click the maintenance tab. On the
maintenance tab click the Store Folder button. A small box appears called
Store Location. In the dialog box you will see where you current files are
stored. Click the Change button and then browse to your new partition and
select that for the new location for your file. finally click the button to
transfer the files over to the new location.
Alternatively, if you don't want to go to that trouble follow the procedure
as above until you get to the store location box. make a note of the current
location and then using windows explorer navigate to that location and copy
the files either to a cd or, if small enough, to a floppy.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
"Joy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How does one back up email in outlook express? Thanks

When the Store Location box is displayed, the address where the files are
stored is longer than the window in the box, so only part of the address
gets shown.

How can I manipulate this situation to be able to see the complete address,
please?

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.nospam> wrote in message
> There is a third party application called ABF Outlook express which will
> backup your emails etc. the only problem is it isn't free. It costs
$29.95.
> An alternative is to move your outlook express folder to another
partition.
> Obviously if you don't have another partition on your hard drive you will
> need to create one using Administrative tools>computer management.
> To move the file open outlook express and then click Tools on the main
menu.
> Select options. From the options window click the maintenance tab. On the
> maintenance tab click the Store Folder button. A small box appears called
> Store Location. In the dialog box you will see where you current files are
> stored. Click the Change button and then browse to your new partition and
> select that for the new location for your file. finally click the button
> transfer the files over to the new location.
> Alternatively, if you don't want to go to that trouble follow the
procedure
> as above until you get to the store location box. make a note of the
current
> location and then using windows explorer navigate to that location and
copy
> the files either to a cd or, if small enough, to a floppy.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
> "Joy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How does one back up email in outlook express? Thanks

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi, I upgraded to XP home edition, from Windows ME. Lost all outlook express
email (via cox.net). Is there anyway to retrieve said email?

"Cycle" wrote:

> When the Store Location box is displayed, the address where the files are
> stored is longer than the window in the box, so only part of the address
> gets shown.
>
> How can I manipulate this situation to be able to see the complete address,
> please?
>

> "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.nospam> wrote in message
> > There is a third party application called ABF Outlook express which will
> > backup your emails etc. the only problem is it isn't free. It costs
> $29.95.
> > An alternative is to move your outlook express folder to another
> partition.
> > Obviously if you don't have another partition on your hard drive you will
> > need to create one using Administrative tools>computer management.
> > To move the file open outlook express and then click Tools on the main
> menu.
> > Select options. From the options window click the maintenance tab. On the
> > maintenance tab click the Store Folder button. A small box appears called
> > Store Location. In the dialog box you will see where you current files are
> > stored. Click the Change button and then browse to your new partition and
> > select that for the new location for your file. finally click the button
> > transfer the files over to the new location.
> > Alternatively, if you don't want to go to that trouble follow the
> procedure
> > as above until you get to the store location box. make a note of the
> current
> > location and then using windows explorer navigate to that location and
> copy
> > the files either to a cd or, if small enough, to a floppy.
> >
> > --
> > John Barnett MVP
> > Associate Expert
> > www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
> > "Joy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > How does one back up email in outlook express? Thanks

Just my 2¢ worth,
Jeff
"Cycle" <notvalid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:412a42be$0$20243$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
| When the Store Location box is displayed, the address where the files are
| stored is longer than the window in the box, so only part of the address
| gets shown.
|
| How can I manipulate this situation to be able to see the complete address,
| please?

Mrtee - Thank you for the information. Your method is indeed working for me,
and it is something I never knew before. Cycle.

"» mrtee «" <hingelicker at new.rr.com> wrote in message
home. Applies to any long name in a box.