Backing Up Email

How does one back up email in outlook express? Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about backing email

    There is a freebie called OE Freebie Backup that works
    great, from Powerdesk. Google for it and check it out.
    Does address book, favorites, etc. etc.

    Pop

    "Joy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How does one back up email in outlook express? Thanks

    There is a third party application called ABF Outlook express which will
    backup your emails etc. the only problem is it isn't free. It costs $29.95.
    An alternative is to move your outlook express folder to another partition.
    Obviously if you don't have another partition on your hard drive you will
    need to create one using Administrative tools>computer management.
    To move the file open outlook express and then click Tools on the main menu.
    Select options. From the options window click the maintenance tab. On the
    maintenance tab click the Store Folder button. A small box appears called
    Store Location. In the dialog box you will see where you current files are
    stored. Click the Change button and then browse to your new partition and
    select that for the new location for your file. finally click the button to
    transfer the files over to the new location.
    Alternatively, if you don't want to go to that trouble follow the procedure
    as above until you get to the store location box. make a note of the current
    location and then using windows explorer navigate to that location and copy
    the files either to a cd or, if small enough, to a floppy.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "Joy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How does one back up email in outlook express? Thanks

    When the Store Location box is displayed, the address where the files are
    stored is longer than the window in the box, so only part of the address
    gets shown.

    How can I manipulate this situation to be able to see the complete address,
    please?

    "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.nospam> wrote in message
    > There is a third party application called ABF Outlook express which will
    > backup your emails etc. the only problem is it isn't free. It costs
    $29.95.
    > An alternative is to move your outlook express folder to another
    partition.
    > Obviously if you don't have another partition on your hard drive you will
    > need to create one using Administrative tools>computer management.
    > To move the file open outlook express and then click Tools on the main
    menu.
    > Select options. From the options window click the maintenance tab. On the
    > maintenance tab click the Store Folder button. A small box appears called
    > Store Location. In the dialog box you will see where you current files are
    > stored. Click the Change button and then browse to your new partition and
    > select that for the new location for your file. finally click the button
    > transfer the files over to the new location.
    > Alternatively, if you don't want to go to that trouble follow the
    procedure
    > as above until you get to the store location box. make a note of the
    current
    > location and then using windows explorer navigate to that location and
    copy
    > the files either to a cd or, if small enough, to a floppy.
    >
    > --
    > John Barnett MVP
    > Associate Expert
    > www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
    > "Joy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How does one back up email in outlook express? Thanks

    Hi, I upgraded to XP home edition, from Windows ME. Lost all outlook express
    email (via cox.net). Is there anyway to retrieve said email?

    "Cycle" wrote:

    > When the Store Location box is displayed, the address where the files are
    > stored is longer than the window in the box, so only part of the address
    > gets shown.
    >
    > How can I manipulate this situation to be able to see the complete address,
    > please?
    >

    > "John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.nospam> wrote in message
    > > There is a third party application called ABF Outlook express which will
    > > backup your emails etc. the only problem is it isn't free. It costs
    > $29.95.
    > > An alternative is to move your outlook express folder to another
    > partition.
    > > Obviously if you don't have another partition on your hard drive you will
    > > need to create one using Administrative tools>computer management.
    > > To move the file open outlook express and then click Tools on the main
    > menu.
    > > Select options. From the options window click the maintenance tab. On the
    > > maintenance tab click the Store Folder button. A small box appears called
    > > Store Location. In the dialog box you will see where you current files are
    > > stored. Click the Change button and then browse to your new partition and
    > > select that for the new location for your file. finally click the button
    > > transfer the files over to the new location.
    > > Alternatively, if you don't want to go to that trouble follow the
    > procedure
    > > as above until you get to the store location box. make a note of the
    > current
    > > location and then using windows explorer navigate to that location and
    > copy
    > > the files either to a cd or, if small enough, to a floppy.
    > >
    > > --
    > > John Barnett MVP
    > > Associate Expert
    > > www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
    > > "Joy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > How does one back up email in outlook express? Thanks

    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff
    "Cycle" <notvalid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:412a42be$0$20243$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
    | When the Store Location box is displayed, the address where the files are
    | stored is longer than the window in the box, so only part of the address
    | gets shown.
    |
    | How can I manipulate this situation to be able to see the complete address,
    | please?

    Mrtee - Thank you for the information. Your method is indeed working for me,
    and it is something I never knew before. Cycle.

    "» mrtee «" <hingelicker at new.rr.com> wrote in message
    home. Applies to any long name in a box.

    --
    Just my 2¢ worth,
    Jeff
    "Cycle" <notvalid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | When the Store Location box is displayed, the address where the files are
    | stored is longer than the window in the box, so only part of the address
    | gets shown.
    |
    | How can I manipulate this situation to be able to see the complete
    address,
    | please?

Outlook Express Email Microsoft Windows XP