cosmicc

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I as well can't wait for it, who doesn't love swinging a sword around chopping stuff up and watching blood go everywhere while you roast other dudes with big fireballs.

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
CosmicC
Yep, have you tryed 2 worlds that one is fun as well. I like to use my sword but if im in a rush i just nuke'im with my lvl 10 meteorite spell 2 strikes and theyyyyyyy out :)
im playing gothic to but i dont like the fight system much, still its a good game.

bfellow
no worries mate, its out nexted month.

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Minimum requirements:

Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +2800
1 GB RAM for Microsoft® Windows® XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft® Windows® Vista
128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)
8.5 GB available hard drive space
DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
DVD-Rom

Recommended requirements:

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO
8.5 GB available hard drive space
DirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphones
VD-Rom

cosmicc

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
haven't tried 2worlds, sounds cool though, maybe I'll check it out. Witcher comes out a week after my b-day w00t!

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
ok kewl :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25948.html
Gametrailers have just posted the new gameplay video from The Witcher, titled "Gameplay Locations". The video is a short 4 minute trip across game's wonderful and unique locations, that you will explore by yourself at the end of the month. What you will see in this gameplay is a sword skill practice on the courtyard of witchers fortress Kaer Morhen, streets of Vizime, and a swamp location habited by monsters. Narrator of the video is Tom Gop - Assistant Producer of The Witcher

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Those last posts reads a lot like ad copy.

But early screenshots of the game look interesting enough for us to pull the trailer.

Based on that description, If the game is not chock full of drunken debauched decapitations, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

And how do you pronounce Andrzej Sapkoswki?

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I find links to IGN and gamespot's reviews useless. Previews, doubly so.

Killalot, you've spent the most time paying attention to this title. Any hands on input? Is this a slow, thinking, game, or a fast, in your face game. Party based? What's strong, and what's weak?

clay12340

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I'm still on the fence with this one. The game looks kind of weak and already done to me, but it looks like it might be a fun Baldur's Gate/NWN type mimic.

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
Sengoku
It looks like a cross between diablo\Baldur's Gate\dungeon seige fast pace with some thinking to the quests,
because it does seem to make a difference to the game in the way that the quests get judged later on from your choice, which makes it a look more interesting,you have to think twice to what you decide to do at the moment.
Hard to say much else about the game till ive played it.

ps: I dont buy many games but i will this one so i do think its worth it

Latest posts