5100 C Scanner

Hi,

I have a 5100c connected to a Dell desktop. The desktop harddrive died and
was replaced. In addition, the operating system was changed from 2000 pro to
XP Pro. The HP site offers directions on dealing with having the Precision
Scan software installed and then upgrading to XP. I am not doing that and
they say to install the 2000 software which is not on their web site.

Does anyone know how to get a copy of the precision scan software which will
work on XP? Or does someone have an alternate software to use?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ray

craigm

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

You might try this. (an XP version)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=58983&os=228&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=sj677en

(You may heve to cut and paste the link.)

craigm

"Ray Batig" <rbatig@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a 5100c connected to a Dell desktop. The desktop harddrive died and
> was replaced. In addition, the operating system was changed from 2000 pro
> XP Pro. The HP site offers directions on dealing with having the Precision
> Scan software installed and then upgrading to XP. I am not doing that and
> they say to install the 2000 software which is not on their web site.
>
> Does anyone know how to get a copy of the precision scan software which
will
> work on XP? Or does someone have an alternate software to use?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Ray

Hi Craig,

I downloaded, installed and tried this software. For some reason, it gives a
message that the scanner cannot be found or initialized. Any ideas how to
fix this or any other options?

Thanks for your help.

Ray

craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> You might try this. (an XP version)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=58983&os=22
8&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=sj677en

> (You may heve to cut and paste the link.)
>
> craigm
>

> "Ray Batig" <rbatig@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 5100c connected to a Dell desktop. The desktop harddrive died
and
> > was replaced. In addition, the operating system was changed from 2000
pro
> > XP Pro. The HP site offers directions on dealing with having the
Precision
> > Scan software installed and then upgrading to XP. I am not doing that
and
> > they say to install the 2000 software which is not on their web site.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to get a copy of the precision scan software which
> will
> > work on XP? Or does someone have an alternate software to use?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help!
> >
> > Ray

craigm

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Ray,
I assumed you have a SCSI scanner. Is it a parallel port scanner? If so,
look at the SW for the 5300C (another big download). Also look at the
parallel port update for the 5300C.

Hope this helps.

craigm

Ray Batig wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> I downloaded, installed and tried this software. For some reason, it gives a
> message that the scanner cannot be found or initialized. Any ideas how to
> fix this or any other options?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Ray
>
> craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>You might try this. (an XP version)
>>

> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=58983&os=22
> 8&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=sj677en
>
>>(You may heve to cut and paste the link.)
>>
>>craigm
>>

>>"Ray Batig" <rbatig@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have a 5100c connected to a Dell desktop. The desktop harddrive died
>
> and
>
>>>was replaced. In addition, the operating system was changed from 2000
>
> pro

>>>XP Pro. The HP site offers directions on dealing with having the
>
> Precision
>
>>>Scan software installed and then upgrading to XP. I am not doing that
>
> and
>
>>>they say to install the 2000 software which is not on their web site.
>>>
>>>Does anyone know how to get a copy of the precision scan software which
>>
>>will
>>
>>>work on XP? Or does someone have an alternate software to use?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance for your help!
>>>
>>> Ray

Hi Craig,

The scanner connects to the parallel port and then the printer connects to
the scanner. I will D/L the 5300 software and try again.

Thanks for your continued help!

> Ray,
> I assumed you have a SCSI scanner. Is it a parallel port scanner? If so,
> look at the SW for the 5300C (another big download). Also look at the
> parallel port update for the 5300C.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> craigm
>

> Ray Batig wrote:
> > Hi Craig,
> >
> > I downloaded, installed and tried this software. For some reason, it
gives a
> > message that the scanner cannot be found or initialized. Any ideas how
> > fix this or any other options?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Ray
> >
> > craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> >>You might try this. (an XP version)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=58983&os=22
> > 8&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=sj677en
> >
> >>(You may heve to cut and paste the link.)
> >>
> >>craigm
> >>

> >>"Ray Batig" <rbatig@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > and

> > pro

> > Precision

> > and

> >>will

Hi Craig,

I tried the 5300c software and again the computer could not find the
scanner. I changed the parallel port to EPC and then EPP along with
specifying using any interrupt for the lpt in the device manager. Still
nothing worked. I did not apply the patch since it was for a system which
had Precision Scan installed and then the OS was upgraded to XP. Any more
ideas??

Thanks again.

Ray

craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> Ray,
> I assumed you have a SCSI scanner. Is it a parallel port scanner? If so,
> look at the SW for the 5300C (another big download). Also look at the
> parallel port update for the 5300C.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> craigm
>

> Ray Batig wrote:
> > Hi Craig,
> >
> > I downloaded, installed and tried this software. For some reason, it
gives a
> > message that the scanner cannot be found or initialized. Any ideas how
> > fix this or any other options?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Ray
> >
> > craigm <none@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> >>You might try this. (an XP version)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?product=58983&os=22
> > 8&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=sj677en
> >
> >>(You may heve to cut and paste the link.)
> >>
> >>craigm
> >>

> >>"Ray Batig" <rbatig@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > and

> > pro