Office 2003

Can anyone tell this very new person if Office 2003 is compatible with
Windows XP. Before I try to install it, I want to make sure it will work.
Thanks for your help.
12 answers Last reply
More about office 2003

    Hi,

    Yes, it is 100% compatible.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Beverley wrote:
    > Can anyone tell this very new person if Office 2003 is compatible with
    > Windows XP. Before I try to install it, I want to make sure it will
    > work. Thanks for your help.

    Why? Are you incapable of reading a box?! If you can't read how did you
    manage to post?!
    lose his marbles?

    But they have done away with "Office Shortcut bar!" So I don't want it. I
    love shortcut bar, easy, compact and access to all programs with one click
    :)

    > Hi,
    >
    > Yes, it is 100% compatible.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Beverley" <Beverley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone tell this very new person if Office 2003 is compatible with
    > > Windows XP. Before I try to install it, I want to make sure it will
    work.
    > > Thanks for your help.

    The OP has Windows XP, in which you can create toolbars with buttons, just
    like the Office shortcut bar. This is precicely what I have done. The only
    visible differences are that the word "Office" is missing and the buttons
    cannot be separated into groups with a small space. IMHO, these are
    irrelevant when compared with the improvements in Office.

    My point is that with windows XP and Office 2003 you can still have "easy
    compact access to all programs with one click" - as well as a lot of other
    improvements.

    "Crazy man" <alcoNOSPAM@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > But they have done away with "Office Shortcut bar!" So I don't want it. I
    > love shortcut bar, easy, compact and access to all programs with one click
    > :)

    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Yes, it is 100% compatible.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Best of Luck,

    > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    > > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > >
    > > "Beverley" <Beverley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Can anyone tell this very new person if Office 2003 is compatible with
    > > > Windows XP. Before I try to install it, I want to make sure it will
    > work.
    > > > Thanks for your help.

    Can you teach novice how to set up one of these toolbars in XP please? Must
    it be on bottom of screen or can it be moved around?

    Thanks

    > Can you teach novice how to set up one of these toolbars in XP please?
    Must
    > it be on bottom of screen or can it be moved around?
    >
    > Thanks

    Right click on your Taskbar and select Toolbars and then click on Quick
    Launch. A Quick Launch Toolbar will be created on your Taskbar. The
    initial Quick Launch will have some icons. You can leave them or delete
    them as you choose.

    Right click on your Taskbar and uncheck Lock the Taskbar. You can now move
    your Quick Launch Toolbar any where you want. I have mine at the top of the
    display. When done, check Lock the Taskbar.

    You can then add icons to your Quick Launch Toolbar by dragging and dropping
    from your Desktop. Then you can delete the Desktop icon. If you want to
    add programs that are not currently Desktop icon, go to All Programs and
    right click on the application and select Create Shortcut and then choose
    send to desktop. Then do as above. There are other ways, I just use this
    one. You can initially position a new icon on the Quick Launch Toolbar
    anywhere you want and move them later if you desire.

    IMO, you should then right click on the Quick Launch Toolbar and ensure
    that Always on Top and Auto-Hide are checked. Checking Always on Top will
    ensure that the Toolbar is available when an application is full screen.
    Checking Auto-Hide ensures that the Toolbar disappears when you do not need
    it. I find it convenient to disable Auto-Hide when I am adding a new icon
    or moving icons on the Toolbar.

    Don

    Greetings --

    Unfortunately, the Quick Launch area of the Task Bar is a woefully
    inadequate substitute for the Office shortcut bar, particularly to
    those of us who have become accustomed to its use over the years.
    It's far, far better to have a toolbar that can be configured and
    moved about independently of the Task Bar.

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    > Greetings --
    >
    > Unfortunately, the Quick Launch area of the Task Bar is a woefully
    > inadequate substitute for the Office shortcut bar, particularly to
    > those of us who have become accustomed to its use over the years.
    > It's far, far better to have a toolbar that can be configured and
    > moved about independently of the Task Bar.
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    > --

    Bruce

    While I agree that the Quick Launch Toolbar is not as good as the prior
    Office Shortcut Toolbar, I do not understand your comment:

    "far better to have a toolbar that can be configured and moved about
    independently of the Task Bar"

    I can move the Quick Launch Toolbar any place I want. Currently the QLTB is
    at the top of my display and the Taskbar at the bottom.

    I have seen posts in Office newsgroups that the Office Shortcut Toolbar from
    prior versions of Office can be used in Office 2003. However, have not tried
    to do so myself.

    Don

    You can have intelligent responses. Or you can have Bruce
    Chambers. Don't ever count on having both at once. - WP

    "Wislu Plethora" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d1c901c48aa4$8c3d8c50$a601280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]

    LMAO!

    I archived this one!

    Greetings --

    I hadn't realized that the Quick Launch Tool Bar could be
    separated from the Task Bar. Your reply prompted some
    experimentation, and a better solution. Thanks.

    Bruce Chambers
    --

    > Greetings --
    >
    > I hadn't realized that the Quick Launch Tool Bar could be separated
    > from the Task Bar. Your reply prompted some experimentation, and a better
    > solution. Thanks.
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    > --

    Welcome

    Don

Microsoft Office Compatibility Windows XP