Office 2003

August 23, 2004 9:35:01 PM

Can anyone tell this very new person if Office 2003 is compatible with
Windows XP. Before I try to install it, I want to make sure it will work.
Thanks for your help.

More about : office 2003

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 1:33:59 AM

Hi,

Yes, it is 100% compatible.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Beverley" <Beverley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell this very new person if Office 2003 is compatible with
> Windows XP. Before I try to install it, I want to make sure it will work.
> Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 5:42:47 AM

Beverley wrote:
> Can anyone tell this very new person if Office 2003 is compatible with
> Windows XP. Before I try to install it, I want to make sure it will
> work. Thanks for your help.

Why? Are you incapable of reading a box?! If you can't read how did you
manage to post?!
lose his marbles?
August 24, 2004 3:36:42 PM

But they have done away with "Office Shortcut bar!" So I don't want it. I
love shortcut bar, easy, compact and access to all programs with one click
:)

> Hi,
>
> Yes, it is 100% compatible.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Beverley" <Beverley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone tell this very new person if Office 2003 is compatible with
> > Windows XP. Before I try to install it, I want to make sure it will
work.
> > Thanks for your help.

August 24, 2004 5:36:11 PM

The OP has Windows XP, in which you can create toolbars with buttons, just
like the Office shortcut bar. This is precicely what I have done. The only
visible differences are that the word "Office" is missing and the buttons
cannot be separated into groups with a small space. IMHO, these are
irrelevant when compared with the improvements in Office.

My point is that with windows XP and Office 2003 you can still have "easy
compact access to all programs with one click" - as well as a lot of other
improvements.

"Crazy man" <alcoNOSPAM@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> But they have done away with "Office Shortcut bar!" So I don't want it. I
> love shortcut bar, easy, compact and access to all programs with one click
> :)

> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes, it is 100% compatible.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >
> > "Beverley" <Beverley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Can anyone tell this very new person if Office 2003 is compatible with
> > > Windows XP. Before I try to install it, I want to make sure it will
> work.
> > > Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 6:24:55 PM

Can you teach novice how to set up one of these toolbars in XP please? Must
it be on bottom of screen or can it be moved around?

Thanks

"Paul" <none> wrote in message news:o JvhtbdiEHA.704@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> The OP has Windows XP, in which you can create toolbars with buttons, just
> like the Office shortcut bar. This is precicely what I have done. The only
> visible differences are that the word "Office" is missing and the buttons
> cannot be separated into groups with a small space. IMHO, these are
> irrelevant when compared with the improvements in Office.
>
> My point is that with windows XP and Office 2003 you can still have "easy
> compact access to all programs with one click" - as well as a lot of other
> improvements.
>
> "Crazy man" <alcoNOSPAM@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> > But they have done away with "Office Shortcut bar!" So I don't want it.
> > love shortcut bar, easy, compact and access to all programs with one
click
> > :)
> >

> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Yes, it is 100% compatible.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best of Luck,
> > >
> > > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> > > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > >
> > > "Beverley" <Beverley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > work.

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 6:24:56 PM

> Can you teach novice how to set up one of these toolbars in XP please?
Must
> it be on bottom of screen or can it be moved around?
>
> Thanks

Right click on your Taskbar and select Toolbars and then click on Quick
Launch. A Quick Launch Toolbar will be created on your Taskbar. The
initial Quick Launch will have some icons. You can leave them or delete
them as you choose.

Right click on your Taskbar and uncheck Lock the Taskbar. You can now move
your Quick Launch Toolbar any where you want. I have mine at the top of the
display. When done, check Lock the Taskbar.

You can then add icons to your Quick Launch Toolbar by dragging and dropping
from your Desktop. Then you can delete the Desktop icon. If you want to
add programs that are not currently Desktop icon, go to All Programs and
right click on the application and select Create Shortcut and then choose
send to desktop. Then do as above. There are other ways, I just use this
one. You can initially position a new icon on the Quick Launch Toolbar
anywhere you want and move them later if you desire.

IMO, you should then right click on the Quick Launch Toolbar and ensure
that Always on Top and Auto-Hide are checked. Checking Always on Top will
ensure that the Toolbar is available when an application is full screen.
Checking Auto-Hide ensures that the Toolbar disappears when you do not need
it. I find it convenient to disable Auto-Hide when I am adding a new icon
or moving icons on the Toolbar.

Don
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 11:20:28 PM

Greetings --

Unfortunately, the Quick Launch area of the Task Bar is a woefully
inadequate substitute for the Office shortcut bar, particularly to
those of us who have become accustomed to its use over the years.
It's far, far better to have a toolbar that can be configured and
moved about independently of the Task Bar.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"Don MI <>" <d7macm8@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Right click on your Taskbar and select Toolbars and then click on
> Quick
> Launch. A Quick Launch Toolbar will be created on your Taskbar.
> The
> initial Quick Launch will have some icons. You can leave them or
> delete
> them as you choose.

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 3:33:45 AM

news:o r3R0GkiEHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Greetings --
>
> Unfortunately, the Quick Launch area of the Task Bar is a woefully
> inadequate substitute for the Office shortcut bar, particularly to
> those of us who have become accustomed to its use over the years.
> It's far, far better to have a toolbar that can be configured and
> moved about independently of the Task Bar.
>
> Bruce Chambers
> --

Bruce

While I agree that the Quick Launch Toolbar is not as good as the prior
Office Shortcut Toolbar, I do not understand your comment:

"far better to have a toolbar that can be configured and moved about
independently of the Task Bar"

I can move the Quick Launch Toolbar any place I want. Currently the QLTB is
at the top of my display and the Taskbar at the bottom.

I have seen posts in Office newsgroups that the Office Shortcut Toolbar from
prior versions of Office can be used in Office 2003. However, have not tried
to do so myself.

Don
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 10:08:00 AM

count on
>having both at once. - RAH

You can have intelligent responses. Or you can have Bruce
Chambers. Don't ever count on having both at once. - WP
August 25, 2004 8:17:38 PM

"Wislu Plethora" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D 1c901c48aa4$8c3d8c50$a601280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]

LMAO!

I archived this one!
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 1:43:31 AM

Greetings --

I hadn't realized that the Quick Launch Tool Bar could be
separated from the Task Bar. Your reply prompted some
experimentation, and a better solution. Thanks.

Bruce Chambers
--

> Bruce
>
> While I agree that the Quick Launch Toolbar is not as good as the
> prior
> Office Shortcut Toolbar, I do not understand your comment:
>
> "far better to have a toolbar that can be configured and moved
> about
> independently of the Task Bar"
>
> I can move the Quick Launch Toolbar any place I want. Currently the
> QLTB is
> at the top of my display and the Taskbar at the bottom.
>
> Don

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 5:51:41 PM

> Greetings --
>
> I hadn't realized that the Quick Launch Tool Bar could be separated
> from the Task Bar. Your reply prompted some experimentation, and a better
> solution. Thanks.
>
> Bruce Chambers
> --

Welcome