downloading microsoft word

amy

Ihave microsoft word on my computer and my sister needs
tohave it downloaded on hers so I was trying to copy it
to a CD but can't find it. Where can she go to download
it?

You cannot merely "copy" it. When software installs, it places files in
many places, not just in a single folder. In addition, it makes entries
into the Windows Registry that will not be transferred to the other
computer.

Depending on which disk you have, it would be illegal to transfer it to
another computer. In general, when you buy a piece of software, you are
allowed to install it on one computer only (at least for most Microsoft
products).

You will not find anyone here to help you break the EULA or copyright laws.

Your sister will have to purchase her own version of Word, or Office.

Bobby

Amy wrote:
> Ihave microsoft word on my computer and my sister needs
> tohave it downloaded on hers so I was trying to copy it
> to a CD but can't find it. Where can she go to download
> it?

It can't be copied from your computer to a CD, it must be *installed*
from an original Word, Office or Works Suite disk. It can't be
downloaded from anywhere legally; it must be purchased. If you have it
on your computer and don't know how it got there, it was probably
bundled with the system. It's not a part of the operating system.

Greetings --

She'll need to buy her own copy, unless you're permanently
removing Word from your computer. In which case you'd just give her
the installation CD and Product Key.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you: