XP BOOT DISK.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

How to create a win-XP (professional) boot disk??? (as in
win-98 or ME we create it from control panel->Add/Remove
Programs)
3 answers Last reply
More about boot disk
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    How To Create a Boot Disk for an NTFS or FAT Partition in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305595

    --
    Hope this helps..Reply in newsgroup only.
    Eric McGillicudy

    "RDG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How to create a win-XP (professional) boot disk??? (as in
    > win-98 or ME we create it from control panel->Add/Remove
    > Programs)

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Hi, RDG.

    First, shake off the Win9x/ME mindset. WinXP is different. ;<)

    Now, we need to interpret your question. Do you want a floppy that will
    boot into MS-DOS or Win9x/ME? Or do you want a floppy that will boot into
    WinXP? And why do you think you need either kind?

    The WinXP CD-ROM is bootable and includes the Recovery Console, with a
    DOS-like interface that lets you run various repair utilities. So, no
    repair diskette is needed for this.

    WinXP is not built on MS-DOS and does not include MS-DOS at all - except
    enough to create an MS-DOS startup diskette for you. With a blank (or
    expendable) diskette in the drive, right-click on Drive A: and choose
    Format..., then Create an MS-DOS startup disk. You can use this diskette to
    start MS-DOS. But MS-DOS can't read, write or even SEE an NTFS formatted
    volume. Unless your drives are still formatted FAT (16 or 32), you won't be
    able to access them from MS-DOS without a third-party program.

    You can create a floppy with the WinXP "system files" (NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM
    and boot.ini), to be used to boot WinXP if the HD is damaged. See KB
    article 305595, as Eric McGillicudy suggested. There's no way to get enough
    of WinXP onto a floppy to get it to run, but the properly-prepared floppy
    will let the computer start up and load WinXP from a volume on the HD.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "RDG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How to create a win-XP (professional) boot disk??? (as in
    > win-98 or ME we create it from control panel->Add/Remove
    > Programs)
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    RDG æ??到:

    > How to create a win-XP (professional) boot disk??? (as in
    > win-98 or ME we create it from control panel->Add/Remove
    > Programs)

    Right click on A: icon.
    Choose format.
    Check MSDOS Start Disk then foramt.