Sign in with
Your question

Trinitron UltraScan P990 Monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 13, 2001 3:33:22 AM

Sorry for posting this on the CPU board but I am about ready to order parts to build a nice Socket A T-Bird for gaming and I need this answer ASAP. I realized my dad (who plays no games)...has a Dell Trinitron UltraScan P990....I have no experience when it comes to good monitors wanted to know how good this one is. About how much would it retail for? I'll just give my dad a crappy 17 inch or 19 inch monitor for this one if it is that good.

BTW..the Socket A 1.1 ghz T-Bird 266 FSB...Do you need to set the 133 mhz to 2x or does it come that way....Also..unlocking the bridges with pencil is just if you wwant to overclock it..right? Thanks for any help.
February 13, 2001 4:05:22 AM

(In my opinion) I'd say the Sony Trinitron tubes are about the best you can get. A 19" Sony monitor will go for between CDN$650-800 here. I have a 20" Trinitron tube that is a least 5 years old and I love it.

- JW
February 13, 2001 4:10:13 AM

Not trying to be stupid....i just really don't know monitors...A Dell Trinitron UltraScan P990 would be a Sony Trinitron Tube costing over 400++$ :) ...lol...now I need to know cheapest 19 inch monitor to replace the one I'm going to take from him
Related resources
February 13, 2001 4:24:55 AM

what is you price range? you can get a 19" for less than 300 try pricewatch.com

btw, you wouldn't do that to your dad, would you?
February 13, 2001 3:27:18 PM

Just got a used 20" Dell Ultrascan Trinitron from eBay last week for $250 after shipping-- I LOVE this friggin thing!! I had never seen a trinitron before and the difference truly is amazing. If you want to get your dad somethin cheap, just bid for one, you can pickup nice used ones cheap most of the time
!