FSB Incorrect Detection

manny

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2001
Hi,

I have recently installed Win2000 and have tryed running SISoft Sandra Benchmarks. The benchmarks run fine but the results I get are incorrect (I hope ;))

CPU,MEM and Drive perfomance are all way off , I think it has some to do with the fact my FSB it being reported incorrectly.

I currently have my FSB set to 120 and the multipler x4 this gives my 480Mhz (K6-2) when booting up the BIOS displays the correct speed of 480Mhz , but in Win2000 the CPU is reported as 240Mhz. This happens in Win2000 system information, SISoft Sandra and WCPUID V3.0.

So Im guessing this is purely cosmetic and it is relly running at 480Mhz with FSB of 120 ?

And That the incorrect FSB is throwing all the benchmarks off , including the Drive Index ?

And I have nothing to worry about ? :)

Mobo Info :

-Giga-Byte 5AX MotherBoard (REV 4)(With latest BIOS Update)
-AMD K6-2-450 @ 480 Mhz (Yes ive tryed the default 100 FSB x 4.5 but it is reported as being even slower)

Thanks for any help or Ideas

manny

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2001
Yeah I will be upgrading soon , but Im trying to hold out as long as possible , maybe till the palomino and the new via chipset comes out. But even when they are both avalible I guess there will be better stuff a few months down the line so I could wait for years :)