Sign in with
Your question

Ideas to control access to the Internet in any company

Last response: in Business Computing
December 15, 2012 4:17:40 AM

when i Study in engineering college give us username and password to access internet without joined my laptop to their domain or anything else. just you need to make enable dhcp some and connect to WIFI or Cable Network then group policy applied automatic when open any internet browser it ask you username and password.

how they do it and what we need to applied in any organization

and any Ideas to control access to the Internet in any company? :o 
December 15, 2012 7:02:53 AM

Called a guest access portal.
December 30, 2012 10:31:01 AM

suppose that I have X number of staff and each one has a computer to access the Internet and want to give each employee a user name and password to access the Internet without the need to add the device domain controller (no need to make join domain)
how can do it and what we need for it
any idea
Related resources
December 30, 2012 11:31:39 AM

Your computer may not have been added to their domain but your username and password is certainly on it. I imagine something like linux's ClearOS or microsofts ISA (Internet & Security Accelerator) server would handle the internet gateway reading your permissions from the company's domain controller.
December 30, 2012 11:32:34 AM

"proxy server" and "radius" are the keywords to search for on google.
January 8, 2013 10:15:58 AM

noidea_77 said:

i think proxy server and radius to authorization the machine to user

i want any one can bring his laptop and connect to wired cable and when he want access to internet
any way the prompt authentication pop-up to authentication the user if he has allow to access interne and the speed for his........etc any other polices can using for this user likes filtering web ........etc
January 8, 2013 10:16:11 AM

noidea_77 said:

i think proxy server and radius to authorization the machine to user

i want any one can bring his laptop and connect to wired cable and when he want access to internet
any way the prompt authentication pop-up to authentication the user if he has allow to access interne and the speed for his........etc any other polices can using for this user likes filtering web ........etc
Anonymous
January 8, 2013 11:31:47 AM

Trend Micro IWSS or IWSVA supports this, as do Juniper Netscreen and SSG devices, probably other products too but those are the ones I am familiar with.
January 8, 2013 12:35:20 PM

most times it controlled at the endpoint, via a firewall or asa. you cannot get around it.
!